Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Solicit Babbling

Yay, Solicits!

I'm most excited about Flash: Rebirth I think. Though I'm also a little nervous about the "Dead Speedster" thing. I don't dislike Barry (though I don't like him as much as I like Hal. Near as I can tell, Barry's not nearly as appeallingly appalling as Our Man Jordan. And I love more when I can mock.) but Wally is MY Flash, and given that he's been the Flash since I was approximately age two, I really don't want to see him killed off.

To be fair, he's a Flash, and their resurrection rates probably tie the Green Lanterns. But it would annoy me, especially considering that Wally got a fairly decent send-off in his own comic.

How many other speedsters are out there now, though? It better not be Jay. I may love Wally most, but I'd actually be more pissed off if they killed of Jay. Because you just don't DO that.

I'm still looking forward to it though. God willing, it'll end like GL: Rebirth and everyone'll have their own Flash back. <3

--

If someone is to inherit Batman's cowl and he/she is not a shark, I hope it's Man-Bat. Not because I'm particularly fond of the character. But to have Man-Bat become Batman seems almost palindromically fitting.

...and finally am I the only one who has a hard time picturing freaking Jericho as some sort of mastermind out to destroy the Titans. I mean, I know he's been used as a villain before...sort of. But even then, it didn't seem so mastermind-y. But then, it's been a while and I may be mis-remembering.

6 Comments:

  • At January 20, 2009 7:06 AM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    I could be proven wrong, but I suspect the dead speedster mentioned in the solicit might be Inertia.

     
  • At January 20, 2009 11:15 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    That was my conclusion too, Will. At least I hope it's Inertia. Because if it's Jay, I'll plotz. I like Barry and I like Wally, but I LOVE Jay.

    I always thought that Jerico was a good guy, but then I don't really read Teen Titans...or Titans, or whatever, unless they have Roy.

     
  • At January 20, 2009 12:46 PM, Blogger Nick said…

    I still take issue with Barry being brought back. I think he died a good death in Crisis On Infinite Earths and bringing him back finally proves that nothing in comics is permanent and anybody who dies can come back eventually.

    I am not saying Geoff Johns won't do Rebirth right...I mean come on it's Geoff Johns, but bringing Barry back just, pardon me, shits on his heroic death in COIE. Maybe I am too sentimental about it, I don't know but that's how I am bout it.

    Now a speedster that DOES need to be brought back? Bart Allen. Bart was severely underutilized when they gave him his own series and only actually started to become a readable character three or four issues before he got killed off.

     
  • At January 20, 2009 3:32 PM, Blogger Duskdog said…

    Jay, Alan, and Ted Grant should never die. Period. I don't wish any ill on any of the speedsters, but if I absolutely had to choose one of the Flashes to die, I'd put Barry down again. I don't dislike Barry, I just like him less than I do Jay and Wally.

    I'm a little annoyed by Jericho going evil. I was happy that they brought him back and that he had the chance to redeem himself, and now they're ruining him again already! He hasn't even had a chance to really get to know Rose yet -- oh wait, nevermind, they've gone and made Rose evil again too for no compelling reason that I can discern.

    It makes me worry for Hal in the distant future, because sometimes it seems that no matter how a character's past bad deeds are explained (or retconned), someone always comes along and decides they have a pattern of bad behavior and makes them go bad again.

     
  • At January 20, 2009 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jericho (As explained in this past weeks issue of Titans) keeps a copy of the minds of everyone he jumps into. These minds talk to him and he's jumped into a lot of bad people. It's a somewhat lame excuse but at least they've given him one.

    But hey, E-2 Superman will be a Zombie Lantern! Gottan love that!

     
  • At January 20, 2009 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I refuse to believe Joe's an evil mastermind, so it's not at all conflicting for me. :D I will believe his sob story until I am irrevocably proven wrong, dammit.

    *shakes Dick*

    Also: I sure hope it's Inertia... ;__; I couldn't bear losing Jay. Wally I could lose, maybe. He was never a favourite of mine, despite being "my" flash.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home