Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Personal Update

I've settled back up at school, which is nice. And my classes are actually really interesting, which is even better.

The one downside is that my Elder Law class takes place while the new NCIS episode comes on. But that's why they invented VCRs. Explosions and gun fights and implausible comic booky plots can wait. :-) I'm excited because this is the first class I've taken that's directly related to what I actually want to do when I can officially drop the "proto" from my "proto-lawyer" status. :-)

My classes include Business Enterprises (which I'm not terribly enthused about, but my professor is, at least, a very swanky dresser), Managed Care (which I know nothing about, but seems interesting), Courts and Social Policy (which has all of four people in the class), Decedents, Estates and Trusts (which I've since learned is also called "Stiffs and Gifts" which makes me giggle) and the aforementioned Elder Law.

They're kind of neat!

2 Comments:

  • At January 14, 2009 11:19 AM, Blogger Greg Sanders said…

    Elder Law sounds like a class for lawyers that work in a Lovecraftian universe. I'm guessing it actually involves either the Elderly or Common Law or other historical sources of law.

     
  • At January 14, 2009 11:21 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Heh. Lovecraftian Law would definitely be worth skipping bad television for.

    In this case however, it is indeed law related to the elderly. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home