Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, January 12, 2009

A Question

Have Zauriel and the Spectre ever teamed up for a book? Because that always seemed like it'd be an interesting team up. Maybe with the Peter David Earth-Angel version of Supergirl, too.

Actually, what would be really fun would be to have a nifty Shadowpact type adventure with them, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Ragman, and other religious/god/myth affiliated heroes whose names are escaping me at the moment.

Possibly Mr. Terrific too, because Atheists ought to get representation as well.

I couldn't imagine what kind of PLOT it would entail, but I'd kind of like the villain to be an unexpectedly well-educated Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Or a deranged clone of Charles Darwin.

4 Comments:

  • At January 12, 2009 8:50 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Well, I suppose that you could steal Devil Dinosaur from Marvel. He looked so natty in his quilted smoking jacket the last time I saw him.

     
  • At January 12, 2009 12:19 PM, Blogger Juan Arteaga said…

    I am 85% sure there is an issue of the Hal Jordan Spectre where he hangs out with Zauriel. Actually, I think it might have happened in the Legends of the DCU story that preceded it.

     
  • At January 14, 2009 12:34 AM, Blogger Caleb said…

    Well, Zauriel helped rescue the host-less Spectre in "Crisis Times Five" and then stood up to him/it when it wanted to kill Triumph at the end, although it wasn't much of a team up.

    Earth-Angel Supergirl and Zauriel teamed-up against the Spectre, which, if I remember correctly, was the host-less Spectre Force in "Day of Judgement":
    http://comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=63010&zoom=4

    And as Juan said, Zauriel was in the Hal Jordan-as-Spectre series. I think more than once too, but I only read the first few issues, where Zauriel, Superman and Batman dropped by to say "Hey, don't be so crazy anymore, okay?"

    Zauriel's on this cover:
    http://comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=128706&zoom=4

    That's all I can think of; I haven't been following Z. or the New Spectre very closely...

     
  • At January 14, 2009 6:56 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Zauriel and Angelic Super-girl also went against each other during that Titans/JLA: Technis something story-line...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home