Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Now Presenting!

Ladies and Gentlemen, you've probably seen this elsewhere, but in case you haven't may I present to you the new home of the former Great Curve/Blog@Newsarama v. 1 bloggers:

Robot 6!

It's a snappy name that I don't quite understand, but think is remarkably neat anyway.

If you're curious to know what I'll be doing, I'm resuming my Variations on a Theme link column. It'll be on Fridays (godwilling) instead of Saturday, but otherwise be pretty much the same until the boss tells me to change it. Heh.

Though one change is that one week out of the month, I might be foregoing Variations in order to type an opinion piece. Which won't be anything new to you guys since you read my opinions HERE, but there ya go. I hope I have something interesting to say.

My other news is that I have finally succumbed to Ragnell's bullying and gotten myself a twitter feed. I can pretty much guarantee that I will be the worst twitterer ever. And I should warn you, if you do read my gibberish, I am quite a bit crankier/more acerbic on twitter than I am on my blog.

The icon by the way is an actual real picture of me balancing a box of tomato pie on my head, from when we visited my grandmother on Christmas Eve. (No one outside upstate New York seems to know what tomato pie is, so here's the wikipedia entry.)

The chips came from my father, who also took the picture. See, my dad is just a little off kilter in the sense that most normal parents, seeing their 25-year-old daughter balancing a thing of tomato pie on her head, would probably be annoyed at the immaturity and make her stop and act her age. My dad is an engineer. So his response to seeing that was to start taking things off the table and place them on top of the box in a bizarrely improvised game of Jenga, to see whether or not I could keep them up there.

I drew the line at the glass of soda though. I know my limits.

The tomato pie was unscathed by its adventure on my cranium and was delicious.

3 Comments:

  • At January 03, 2009 7:32 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Bah! When I was your age we just had instant messaging and we LIKED it. Spoiled you kids are now with your Twittr and diggs and everything. Plus you've all got those baggy pants! I know you're making noise on my lawn with the squirrels! You're all in it together! But I won't break! You can't break me yah whippersnappers!

     
  • At January 03, 2009 11:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Oh huzzah. A perfect place to land, and it is so nice that you're keeping the band together.

    I've never heard of tomato pie, but I applaud you for balancing it on your head.

     
  • At January 03, 2009 6:29 PM, Blogger Saranga said…

    Oh man, now I want pizza.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home