Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reminiscing on Recent Slackerdom

Unlike Ragnell who's spent the last weeks of the year doing productive things, I've been performing familial duties (admittedly a worthwhile endeavor) and watching way too much tv (not so much this one).

As previously mentioned, I've been watching a lot of NCIS, mostly because it's kind of like Law and Order in that it's ALWAYS ON, but unlike Law and Order, I find it actually watchable. (L&O tends to piss me off like nothing else. NCIS is even less accurate law wise, don't get me wrong, but NCIS is like CSI Miami or the Sentinel or many other shows I enjoy watching for no reason except that it's like a comic book with sound and movement. I don't expect accuracy, so I don't get pissed off at the lack.)

I also suspect hypnotic rays because I'm really considering getting ahold of season sets. And by "really considering" I mean, I've already bought a few with Christmas money.

I'm weak.

I've also caught a little JAG for the first time in ages. I forgot how flipping DULL that show is. I cannot quite comprehend how a comic bookly-awesome show with explosions and identifying whether exploded people are your teammates by whether or not their lungs show signs of the BLACK DEATH could have spun off of something so dry and talky.

I do like the theme song though. I have a thing for trumpets and snares. I wouldn't survive a day in the military but I have a jones for their music like you wouldn't believe.

And also, Harmon Rabb? Is totally Hal Jordan. Seriously. If Hal were a lawyer and not a pilot? He would be that guy. The arrogance. The presumption. The control freak tendencies. The idiotic self-sabotaging ego. Heck, he even LOOKS like him.

Come to think of it, I think that guy should totally be Hal in the movie. He's got that stubborn lantern jaw thing going on.

I suppose that's why the show was so popular for so long. Women do love Hal Jordan.

I suppose now that it's New Years Eve, I really ought to start doing more productive things for the rest of my vacation. We'll see how well that goes, yeah? Heh.

4 Comments:

  • At December 31, 2008 6:38 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    A friend of mine who got hooked on NCIS decided to check out JAG after hearing the first was a spin-off from the latter. Man was he ever dissapointed...

    I watch reruns fo NCIS also, but I'm an easy mark for anything with Mark Harmon and I like Abby...

    I also find myself watching a lot of CSI reruns because it seems to make-up about 90% of SPIKE's programming now...

     
  • At December 31, 2008 7:29 AM, Blogger ShellyS said…

    I was a fan of JAG, although I didn't buy the DVDs. I do have all the DVD sets of NCIS, tho, which I adore.

    You do realize, right, that Harmon Rabb was a Navy pilot until a night vision problem forced him out of the cockpit and into law school, and then into JAG? So, yeah, totally Hal Jordan.

     
  • At January 01, 2009 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I recently spent a couple of months stuck in the UK with an almost-empty wallet, which meant I spent a lot of time watching TV.

    I have formed the conclusion that John Barrowman is the only actor capable of playing Hal Jordan.

    That, and British television is even kinkier than ours.

    Thank you and good night.

     
  • At January 06, 2009 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Catherine Bell would have made a good Wonder Woman.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home