Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Doctor Who Thoughts

...the new Doctor is about a year older than I am. Jesus Christ, I feel old.

I am kind of disappointed actually. I really liked the Patterson Joseph rumors. Not in the least because I was really excited by the idea of a non-white Doctor.

My disappointment has nothing to do with the new guy really though. I've never seen him in anything, so I haven't a clue whether he's good or not. But really, I like every Doctor, so I'm probably going to be fine with him.

And hell, if he sucks, they'll just regenerate him faster. That's the joy of the franchise. :-)

(And it's not like the whole 13 thing will be a real barrier I'd reckon, there are plenty of implausible ways to extend that if they darn well feel like it and I suspect they will.)

I'm still weirded out by the age though. The Doctor is in my age group. Egads.

8 Comments:

  • At January 04, 2009 3:15 AM, Blogger Bat Masterson said…

    Tell me about it. I'm already 19 days older than David Tennant... and now this!

    That's time travel for you. One direction.

     
  • At January 04, 2009 6:00 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said…

    Cheers for mentioning this, Kalinara, I had no idea...

    *rushes first to BBC website then Wikipedia*

    Okay, he's pretty but not once in my life have I seen him act. It's going to be a left-fielder again but that worked with McCoy.

     
  • At January 04, 2009 11:00 AM, Blogger Elayne said…

    Heh, now you know how I feel about our President-elect. He's like four years YOUNGER than me. :)

     
  • At January 04, 2009 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a bit bummed by the Patterson Joseph thing too, but apparently they offered it to Joseph - and Chiwetel Ejiofor - and they turned it down. (According to a poster who is quite well informed about such things).
    So, I'm a little bummed, but hopefully he'll turn out okay...

     
  • At January 04, 2009 12:19 PM, Blogger Saranga said…

    Apparently I went to Uni with this guy and he graduated the same year I did. I didn't know him but have since sought out pictures of him and think he looks far too young and twerpish.

     
  • At January 05, 2009 12:52 AM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    eh, the twelfth Doctor will be like, seventeen, so -everyone- will feel old.

     
  • At January 05, 2009 4:46 PM, Blogger Nick said…

    Wow, your 25...now I feel old

     
  • At January 07, 2009 1:43 AM, Blogger Ununnilium said…

    Yeah, he's only a couple months older than me. Man. @@

    His publicity photos on IMDB look fairly emo-ish, but we all know how those things lie. I'll wait 'til I see him on-screen before I judge.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home