Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Heheh.

I'm slightly aghast that a tv show themed after a teenaged Superman can last for nine seasons.

Well, not really. I'm happy for the fans of the show. Doesn't do much for me, but I like when MY shows last, so I can be happy for them too.

Though, since there's no way in hell he's remotely plausible as a teenager anymore (and hasn't been for at least five or six years), couldn't they just give him the fucking cape? They've introduced fifteen thousand different kryptonite-type villains, Braniac, Supergirl, the Justice League, the Legion, and so on and so forth. Would it really be THAT bad to let him dress like Superman?

It does make me regret that the Graysons wasn't made after all. I mean sure, it would have sucked and made no sense as a series premise. But the comedic potential of a 30 year old Dick Grayson with living parents and no Bruce Wayne in sight would be gold!

5 Comments:

  • At January 08, 2009 7:46 AM, Blogger notintheface said…

    There's also the fact that he's working at the Daily Planet with Lois and Jimmy - WITHOUT HIS GLASSES.

     
  • At January 08, 2009 8:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    My guess is that Clark was a late bloomer.

     
  • At January 08, 2009 9:22 AM, Blogger Jer said…

    Meh. It's just an alternate take. One of those alternates where you have "people with superpowers" instead of "superheroes". So the costume thing would be totally off for the genre. Much like in Heroes - they don't put on costumes to fight crime/villains/what-have-you because they aren't actually superheroes, just people with powers.

    That's why Smallville's not my thing. I like the "people with powers" genre. But I think Superman suffers as a character from being shoehorned into that genre. He's pretty much the definition of the "superhero" genre after all.

     
  • At January 10, 2009 9:40 AM, Blogger texascheeseman said…

    I like Smallville.

    But I think that the premise has about ran its course.

    Building Green Arrow into the fabric of the show like they did is a bit off, but I like the character as played by Hartley.

    I wonder if they'll ever give the fans a revelation of the people of Metropolis and the world realizing that the blur that has been saving their lives is a hero there to save them all.

    Superman in a mask just wouldn't work. So they've got to figure something out.

    Seeing 30-somethings play teenage angst is beginning to hit a sour note.

    Glad that they finally moved beyond Luthor in every episode. True, he and LuthorCorp are still behind every evil deed in the world...either them or Kryptonians...or kryptonite-powered freaks of the week.

    I'm interested in the payoff of the Doomsday ep that they ran before Christmas.

    I can usually tell within the first five if the current ep is for me or if its going to suck.

    Still think the ultimate payoff for the series would have been having Lex murder Chloe in the final ep and having her death serve as the wake up call to Clark that he couldn't spend his life on the farm and expect to make the difference that he needed to make with his powers and abilities. Course now that they have gone the way that they have with Lex, I doubt that I'm getting that payoff.

    Ah well.

    I like the series, but I think it's about ran its course...though I do look forward to the Legion ep...just to see what they do with it. :/ Course, I'm rueful enough to realize that I'll probably be disappointed.

     
  • At January 13, 2009 10:51 AM, Blogger Marshall Ryan Maresca said…

    Clark finally Suiting Up is clearly the card they're holding for the series finale, but they've been building up this whole concept of him being a symbol to inspire, people looking up to him, etc. this season, and I don't know how they could back away from that to stretch it out another year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home