Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Niiiiick!

Distracted as I was by the Ms. Marvel cover (which, by the by, I still think is wretched. :-)) I forgot to note this cover, which makes me exceedingly happy. (via Newsarama)



Ahh, Nick Fury, how I've missed you! Never go away again! <3

Fury's incredibly hot on this cover too. <3

I'm also intrigued by the implied Young Avengers/Fury team up. I guess Thor and at least one of the Captains America will be involved too. What with the "one has a hammer, one has a shield" thing.

Unless that refers to Fury. Who has a SHIELD after all. Or will as soon as he feels like stealing it back. :-) Probably thinking too hard about that though. Either way, I'll be happy.

Oh well, I guess this means I'm pretty much hooked to the end of this mini. At least it's better than Civil War. :-)

8 Comments:

  • At April 20, 2008 5:06 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Or Marvel is faking you out and its going to be Vanguard and..whatever the name of the Russian version of Captain America is. Red Star? Red something I think...

     
  • At April 20, 2008 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lurkerwithout: Red Guardian. As far as I know, Red Guardian is still a woman.
    K., I think Fury is vital to the MU. Nick shall never go away.
    WM

     
  • At April 20, 2008 12:08 PM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    Who's the artist? Looks like a more dynamic Alex Ross. I like.

     
  • At April 20, 2008 3:54 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Well, presuming that's the main cover and not a variant, looks like it's by Gabrielle Dell'Otto. :-) It's neat, isn't it?

     
  • At April 21, 2008 10:35 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Anything is better than Civl War. But is IS nice to see Mr. Fury again, I've missed him. Did anyone notice that the entire Marvel Universe went to hell in a handbasket during the time that he was gone? Coincidence? I think not!

     
  • At April 21, 2008 3:51 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    One of the MANY SI tie-ins is supposed to be a one-shot showing how Fury first started worrying about a Skrull take-over back during Bendis' Secret War. I figure like most Marvel Giant Event Ideas it will manage to both be REALLY clever and REALLY stupid at the same time...

     
  • At November 11, 2011 10:55 PM, Anonymous hcg said…

    Oh wow, this got every one going - fascinating input mixed with a good read.

     
  • At June 05, 2012 10:11 AM, Anonymous sports handicapping services said…

    this good you have to give up

     

Post a Comment

<< Home