Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

1000th Post?

According to blogger, this is my 1000th post. Um.

Honestly, I wish I had something of import to say. Or even something vaguely significant. Unfortunately, I finally got to see Hot Fuzz for the first time and my mind is blown with the awesomeness.

Seriously, I thought it was a good movie...but when he kicked the old woman in the face over her shotgun, I knew it was the awesomest movie I've seen in a long time, if not ever.

I'm actually rather interested in Liefield's new project. Which isn't something I EVER thought I'd say. But yeah, I might pick it up.

I'm not much of a practicing anything, (I've been a lapsed Catholic for officially longer than I've been a practicing Catholic at this point in my life, and I'm pretty much functionally agnostic) so it's not like this has a particular religious significance to me, but I do find myself curious to see where he's going to go with the premise.

What's boggling and embarrassing me in turns is that I think I actually like the art. Seriously. I mean, it's still pretty unrealistic/stylized, but... I'd like to see more of it. I particularly like the one where the paratrooper leaps on the other guy with a knife. It's kind of nifty. I wish he'd draw like that more often.

I'm actually curious about a Liefield comic. Weird.

6 Comments:

  • At April 19, 2008 3:10 AM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    I heard it's mostly the inker's fault that Liefeld's new stuff looks interesting. The uninked pages look like his regular stuff.

    At least he stopped making group shots where everyone talks while staring at the camera, I guess.

     
  • At April 19, 2008 3:12 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Ahh, you know, I don't think I've ever really appreciated inkers before today. Wow.

     
  • At April 19, 2008 7:33 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Behold, the seas shall run crimson and the land will be as kindling. The end times are nigh.

     
  • At April 19, 2008 11:35 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Congrats on your 1,000th post. That's a pretty decent milestone. I really DO have to see Hot Fuzz one of these days, I've heard it is a hoot and a half.

    Inkers DO make a difference.

     
  • At April 19, 2008 12:38 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    My sister always says how inkers make comic art look so much better (or so much worse) than it is. :o She's very high on the importance of a good inker. xD

    Happy 1000th! :D

    I'm still .. rly young compared to you xD

     
  • At November 11, 2011 10:58 PM, Anonymous hcg said…

    Very exclusive photo and article thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home