Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Personal Update

On the plus side: FINALLY got my diploma! Yay! I'm officially a law school graduate!

On the minus side: Hit a deer with my car.

On the plus side: Not hurt! Only winged the car.

On the minus side: Car goes in for repairs.

On the plus side: I get to take Friday off work!

On the minus side: Days off are boring, and all I do on them is be lazy and read really awful fanfiction. (:-P)

On the plus side: I think I can count it as win in my vendetta against deer.

On the minus side: Deer vendettas aren't as funny when I might have killed one.

On the plus side: No body though. So it might have been okay. Deer are tough little bastards.

On the minus side: I think that makes it a loss, because I don't think the DEER is taking the day off work tomorrow.

...Fucking deer.

6 Comments:

  • At September 24, 2010 5:05 AM, Blogger Eyz said…

    Ah! XD

    What an adventure!

     
  • At September 24, 2010 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was shocked that despite living in the woods for years I only hit two deer, who both survived the encounter. After a few near-misses, I learned the trick--See one, slow down the car. There will likely be another--and yet I still hit those two in the same week. I think in the same place, as well. Oh, but the interesting part is that the reason I wasn't paying as much attention is that someone once told me that deer don't jump those little metal rails on each side of the road. They were wrong.

    Also: congrats!

     
  • At September 24, 2010 3:06 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Congratulations on your law degree! Not quite as exciting as hitting a deer, but in the long run, more useful.

     
  • At September 24, 2010 4:02 PM, Anonymous Dan said…

    Oh deer, oh deer, oh deer.....

    And congrats about the diploma!

     
  • At September 25, 2010 6:07 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    Congrats on your law degree and animal fatality avoidance! I hope you've celebrated your new degree with a lot of lawerly partying, fist-pumping and high-fives.

    Don't worry about the deer. Everyone knows that deer have excellent health and benefits packages. They worked it in the Victorian Era with the Illuminati Freemasons in exchange for the perpetuating the so-called 'Hunting Season' that THE MAN shows us on the TeeVee! /crazy
    (Seriously, tho', I'm sure that if it got up and walked away, it's probably fine)

     
  • At October 04, 2010 8:13 PM, Blogger Maddy said…

    I'd say getting a law degree counts as a VERY big plus! Congrats!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home