Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Actually reading stuff

I've actually started reading the Scott Pilgrim books. Well, the first two anyway. My friend loaned me the first four, because he's awesome that way. Also he puts up with me asking things like "So, why does change appear when he beats that guy?" "Do we ever find out WHY the shortcut goes through his brain?" "What kind of name is 'Knives' anyway?"

My poor friend.

It's pretty funny though. I think my favorite character is the gay roommate fellow. I like them dry and sarcastic.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm appreciating the casting quite a bit more now. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At August 23, 2010 4:51 AM, Blogger Eyz said…

    It's like a story & life of character from a video game. That's the way I see it.
    Magic shortcuts, the hero is super strong & knows how to fight, coincs appear, life bars, pee bars, powerups..and it all seems so normal for the characters...

    It's a sitcom about game characters! :P

     
  • At August 24, 2010 6:53 PM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    I like to think of it like a musical, but instead of spontaneously breaking into song and choreographed dance when emotions run strong, they break into video game.

    It only seems ridiculous because there's not a whole genre of movies where people break into video game, the way musicals are a genre.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home