Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Okay then

So, um, Chloe Sullivan? Really?

I suppose I shouldn't talk because I'm the only person I know who's never cared for Smallville. (I'll grant though, they can stunt cast like no one's business. But Jeeze. Teri Hatcher as Lois's MOM. I feel SO OLD right now!)

I never really got the Chloe love, during the brief time I watched the show. She seemed very Lois-lite to me (without the parts that makes Lois endearing), and while she seemed to be a slightly better actress than Lana, I never quite connected to her. To be fair, I watched before they brought in REAL Lois, and I'd imagine that bringing in the genuine article would have given them the opportunity to really distinguish Chloe from her. I'd like to watch to find out sometime, but the show still makes my brain throb.

(It doesn't help that I was never particularly fond of the show's take on Lex Luthor, either. John Glover will never not be awesome though.)

Eh, I can't complain though. I like the idea of fleshing out Clark's past a bit beyond the standard bits. And I'm always glad to see new/different female characters slid into shared universe. She could turn out interesting in her own right.

3 Comments:

  • At September 23, 2010 5:09 AM, Blogger Eyz said…

    From what I understand, and I've seen so few of Smallville, she's more like a Oracle-lite than a Lois one :P

    But it seems she'll lose that aspect when coming to comics.

     
  • At September 23, 2010 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I find it a little awkward because she can't just slide right in anywhere like Montoya and Harley Quinn did. She needs to be altered to the point where she isn't herself, which defeats the purpose of bringing her over. Also, that drawing? Doesn't really remind me of the adorable Allison Mack. I never could keep up with Smallville, but she and John Glover (a former childhood crush) were big draws for me.

     
  • At September 23, 2010 2:30 PM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    I can't say how well the character fits into established Smallville continuity, because I stopped watching it years ago. But the Jimmy Olsen story she's introduced in is insanely charming. She might not be "Chloe," but she seems like a good addition to the cast, regardless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home