Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, September 02, 2010

A Parenthetical heavy babble about Fantastic Four movie rumors.

Truth be told, I'm kind of sad to hear about the Fantastic Four reboot movie, because I'm like one in three people who genuinely liked the recent films. Really!

I mean, don't get me wrong, they were pretty stupid. But they were cheesy fun and I liked them and even the casting. (Well, um, except Jessica Alba, who's a lovely girl and all, but her acting style isn't really to my taste. And also, she looked ridiculous with blonde hair. Can't they just have left her dark haired? It's not like we couldn't have figured out that the lady who goes invisible with the blow-up-doll boyfriend and the brother on fire is the Invisible Woman or anything...)

And all the rumors for the Thing aren't very reassuring. CG? Bruce Willis? That makes me a little sad. I thought they did as good job as one can do with Michael Chiklis. (I mean, let's be honest. Ben Grimm's kind of like Steve Rogers in the sense that no matter how you try to modernize the costume/design, it's going to be a little stupid looking. So why worry so much?

As long as they don't go with inflatable muscles. Yeesh.)

I suppose there is the advantage that now Captain America and the Human Torch won't be identical. But it's not really hard to keep them straight. Really. One's on fire, and one's wearing a flag. It's not that hard! Hmph.

(Edited because half my post went away!)

2 Comments:

  • At September 03, 2010 3:30 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Ok, I must have missed this somehow. They're reDOING the Fantastic Four movies?

    Whatever in the world for?

     
  • At September 03, 2010 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll admit it - I did like the bit where Stan Lee tries to crash Sue and Reed's wedding and is given the bum's rush. Again.

    Bully's right - that Reed Richards guy, he sure knows how to hold a grudge!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home