Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WHAT

...I really should learn not to evoke the name of Lobo, even in a post meant to be tongue in cheek. Because what do I hear right after that:

There might be a Lobo movie.

Lobo?! LOBO?! Fucking WONDER WOMAN can't get a movie and LOBO might get one?!

The only thing that appeases me is the idea that it will be PG-13. That at least implies that there might be an actual story in there. (This is not a knock against R-movies, mind, just that this case is one that I'd expect to rely on EXTREEEM violence. That kind of thing pretty much requires an R-rating. If this is going to be PG-13, then implicitly, there'll have to be something BESIDES violence.)

Still, this strikes me as somehow fundamentally unfair. Hmph.

5 Comments:

  • At July 22, 2009 2:43 AM, Blogger Saranga said…

    Heh. Well, I'd see it. So long as they kept he dolphins angle. They probably wouldn't.

     
  • At July 22, 2009 3:50 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    As I understand it, Lobo will have to team up with a girl from the suburbs to fight other bounty hunters on Earth.

    No, really.

    As far as the PG-13 thing goes, I'm sort of weirdly depressed that the opportunity for ridiculous amounts of EXTREEM violence isn't there. Still, as you point out, the important thing to remember here is that Wonder Woman still doesn't have a friggin' movie. Grrrr.

     
  • At July 22, 2009 5:28 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said…

    But... but... Lobo movie would be perfect for cathartic ultra-violence and they make it PG-13 (so a 12 over here in British money? I don't know how strict your film certifiers are).

    Though I think the only way to make Lobo movie awesome would be to make it an old, middle-aged and disgruntled Lobo and have him played by Brian Blessed.

     
  • At July 22, 2009 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On one hand, I kind of despise Lobo and the fact he got popular because a lot of people took a frickin' parody seriously , but on the other Superman: The Animated Series Lobo was comedy gold.

    So, uh yeah, it does suck for Wonder woman, but I'm suprisingly torn over this rumour.

     
  • At July 22, 2009 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He was PG-13, if that, on Superman and he was awesome, so it can be done.

    But if I had that Wonder Woman DTV in my hands, I'd be snuggling it right now. "It's okay, sweetie, it's okay...you ARE a good movie! You prove the character can pull it off! *I* love you, and so did my whole family!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home