Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Rotting my brain on summer sorta-vacation

Whenever I'm home for too long, I always find myself watching my parents' favorite tv shows. The thing is, much as I love them, my parents have terrible taste. It's kind of hereditary. Still I find myself watching the damnedest things this way.

It wasn't so bad over Christmas break. I ended up watching a lot of NCIS, which isn't so bad because it's a fun show. This time it's Two and a Half Men.

Yeah. I possibly have a not-so-hidden masochistic streak. My parents love it though.

I'm not sure I really "get" the show. Though I always appreciate Charlie Sheen's willingness to lampoon himself for a paycheck. It has some funny bits even though I'm not a big sitcom fan in general. It's not GOOD, but it's not QUITE as bad as I've heard.

As a feminist, apparently, I'm supposed to hate the show for the constant sexism or something like that. But I don't see it really. The show's too cheerfully dumb for that. It's like getting mad at cotton candy for not being a complete meal. (Besides, the housekeeper and the stalking-neighbor are the funniest characters on the show.)

I do suspect it might be rotting my brain though. I'll sure miss those braincells come fall.

(Also it distracts me from this horrible rumor)

5 Comments:

  • At July 10, 2009 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Quite possibly the worst idea I have ever heard related to a comic book based movie. The early 70's versions of Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper would have been perfect for Hal and Ollie imo.
    -e

     
  • At July 10, 2009 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He has the look of Hal, maybe, in a flashback sort of a way, but I can't imagine he could pull off any personality but Kyle's.

     
  • At July 10, 2009 4:14 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Oh, for the love of God...NO!

    And I've never ever seen more than a minute or two of Two & a Half Men, but I watch NCIS all the time, and it's a hoot. Can't say that I was particularly impressed with the spin-off show that supposed to be in Los Angeles though.

     
  • At July 10, 2009 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uh... E Online says, "And finally after numerous screen tests, Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds and Justin Timberlake are the actors in the final running for Warner Bros.' highly anticipated Green Lantern flick. The studio and director Martin Campbell better get a move on, though, because a holding deal on the thesps expired Monday, meaning they're free to commit to other projects."

    I have no idea who this Bradley Cooper person is, but he's got the smarm down pat, from the pics I'm looking at.

     
  • At July 11, 2009 3:17 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Hmm, Ryan Reynolds I could actually see. He's a good age for young!Hal and plays ego well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home