Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Hmm

Can someone please tell me the appeal of Daken/Dark Wolverine? Please. I've been trying to figure it out.

I mean, okay, Wolverine having a kid is a good idea. Heck, a few illegitimate/unknown kids. It'd amuse me and there's always potential with that idea. But Daken just falls kind of flat to me.

It's weird because while she doesn't do much for me, I do get the appeal of X-23. But Daken...maybe I just haven't read the right issue. (I have NO interest in actually getting the Dark Wolverine comic and perhaps he is indeed awesome in there.)

I would kind of like to see him get together with one of the umpteen dimension-scrambled Summers children though. Just to make things more warped/complicated. Heh.

(Tangentially, Captain America Reborn was pretty awesome. I have no idea what's going on, but in a good way.)

4 Comments:

  • At July 02, 2009 4:19 PM, Blogger Flidget Jerome said…

    I'm pretty sure no one gets the appeal of Drakken, I haven't met a seen a single fan.

    (I think I get what's going on in Cap. And I'm pretty sure surprised because it seems like something someone would have done before but I honestly can't remember what it was.)

     
  • At July 02, 2009 4:20 PM, Blogger Flidget Jerome said…

    er, not 'what it was', more 'if they have'.

     
  • At July 02, 2009 4:30 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    There IS no appeal for Daken.

    Bleh.

     
  • At July 02, 2009 4:38 PM, Blogger Menshevik said…

    I totally get the appeal of Drakken. Oh, er, you don't mean Kim Possible's arch-foe and Shego's employer? Darn. Nah, can't say I get what people find attractive about Daken. Not that that would be the only person around Wolvie with an odd name. I mean, he did father another son with a woman with the appealing moniker Gahck, in Wolverine: The Jungle Adventure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home