Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sometimes You Need to Turn the Brain OFF

I wish I could say I actually have a blog post today, but I totally don't. I spent all my non-work time today watching dancing shows, (I'm an utter klutz with no rhythm, and the only dance move I can pull off is that "Oh my god, is he/she having a seizure?!" move that seems to be the expertise of stereotypical white people. But I love watching people who can dance.) and bouncing around Not Always Right.com.

I used to work customer service (though granted, none of my customers were THAT dumb) so I get extra special amusement out of that site.

And honestly, I'd recommend it to anyone who thinks they did poorly on a test or just didn't get something at work and feels really stupid. After a few of those stories, you'll get your confidence back. There's always someone dumber than you. :-)

On the other hand, I AM the one who spent god knows how long on these idiot pursuits so I, at least, don't have a lot of room to judge. :-) (On the plus side, at least I watch the dancing shows with my family. :-))

3 Comments:

  • At July 07, 2009 4:47 PM, Blogger The Pretentious Fool said…

    I have a very unhealthy addiction to "So You Think You Can Dance." This from a guy who has flat out refused to dance, due to his "white man" syndrome. But, damn if those dancers make me cry sometimes. They are that good.

    Also, Not Always Right always makes me laugh, but sometimes makes me so angry. To recently, I was the guy dealing with that level of stupid. Plus, it angers that this is where our society has gone...a population of morons. Just sad.

     
  • At July 08, 2009 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's true, the dumbification of society is frightening. Folks not only believe what they see on teevee, they believe what they see on MTV!!
    -eddie

     
  • At November 22, 2011 7:01 AM, Anonymous Sydney said…

    Thank you for this post, really effective piece of writing.
    Watertown NY | throat cancer pictures | chicken casserole ideas

     

Post a Comment

<< Home