Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

No Post, Nyah

Annoyingly, I have no post today. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

I don't even have a fill-in post. How annoying is that?

Well, I did end up seeing the Specials. It's kind of a parody superhero movie starring Thomas Hayden Church, Rob Lowe and Paget Brewster. I thought it started really well, but kind of fizzled toward the end. I didn't think there was enough climax or resolution. Something like that.

The characters and ideas were neat ideas though. But honestly, Mystery Men probably did the whole parody-lower tier-superhero thing better.

That said, I dug the mock-toy commercial. That was funny stuff. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At January 24, 2009 9:34 AM, Blogger Matthew E said…

    I'm very fond of The Specials. I made a point of getting the DVD. The commentary is quite amusing; the moviemakers are under no illusions about the nature of the movie they were creating.

    And Deadly Girl is the best. "Did you two sleep together?!" "Does oral sex count as sleeping together?" "Yes!" "Interesting."

     
  • At January 24, 2009 4:25 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Any movie that makes me LIKE Jamie Kennedy is nothing but win...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home