Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Hypothetical

I was thinking of the age-old question: If you were to be trapped on a desert island with one comic book character (we can assume for the case of theory that superheroes with applicable powers are somehow blocked from using them to escape), who would it be?

Of course, my first thought was Batman, as he'd be most likely able to get us off the island, but on the other hand...he's also kind of a dick. Can you imagine trying to share coconuts with BATMAN? Egads.

My second thought would be a Green Lantern. But...well, let's face it, while they're creative and reasonably likely to eventually break us out. They're also really annoying. I'm including John in that because I'm sure he's got some annoying habits we don't know about. I love them, but trapped alone on an island with them? No way.

I suppose my actual pick would be Alfred. Batman would rescue Alfred, and I'd get to come along, and until then the island would be the most liveable island ever. I bet Alfred would know some awesome coconut recipes.

What about you?

12 Comments:

  • At November 26, 2008 7:23 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Zatanna because

    1) I'd be trapped on an island with a hottie

    2) even if she can't magic us away, she could still someone stuff to make staying comfortable.

     
  • At November 26, 2008 8:16 AM, Blogger Matthew E said…

    My first thought was Green Arrow. Not because I'd enjoy his company that much, but after all, he's done this before.

     
  • At November 26, 2008 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My first thought was Batman, too. Batman gets stuff DONE.

     
  • At November 26, 2008 8:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I have to admit that Alfred is an inspired choice. My first thought was Green Lanterns too, but if you want to be COMFORTABLE while waiting for exile, Alfred is the man.

    I wouldn't want to be trapped with Wally, that's for sure. In order to keep up his metabolism, he'd eat all the coconuts.

     
  • At November 26, 2008 10:14 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said…

    Um, Superman? Because he could fly us off of the island? (I'm assuming you mean an island on this planet and not one under a red sun.)

     
  • At November 26, 2008 10:41 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    You missed the "somehow blocked from using powers to escape" clause, didn't you? :-P

     
  • At November 26, 2008 12:00 PM, Blogger Nick said…

    Squirrel Girl. She seems like an interesting person with a good sense of humor and positive attitude no matter how crappy the situation.

    This is assuming that powers can't be used to escape the island of course. *coughs* Aquaman*coughs*

     
  • At November 26, 2008 5:53 PM, Blogger notintheface said…

    Does sending telepathic messages to the outside world detailing your location and predicament count as actually using powers to escape, since technically someone else would be rescuing us? If it doesn't, I'll pick Jean Grey.

    If it does, I'll pick Zatanna for the same reasons that Lurker did. "DEB DNA TSAFKAERB RAEPPA!!!"

     
  • At November 26, 2008 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd choose Hal Jordan because he's hot and I'm shallow. Also the lack of female competition would definitely work in my favor.

     
  • At November 27, 2008 12:15 AM, Blogger Lady Alexia said…

    hmmm, I thought Firestorm at first. But Zatanna would be the sexier choice for me. *giggles*

     
  • At November 27, 2008 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My first thought?

    Ice

    Yeah, she's cute, but think of her power-making ice.

    Hey, you have to stay hydrated, you know. Plus she could even make some shelters and snowballs while she was at it.

     
  • At November 28, 2008 7:16 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    Well, I'd third Zatanna for all the reasons listed above, plus the whole connection to Batman thing. He'd totally come looking for her eventually and hey, problem solved.

    Essentially, you'd get all the bonuses of Alfred with magical powers, save for the lack of gourmet cooking skills and having to wait quite a bit longer for Bruce to notice she's vanished.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home