Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

No Post Here

I'm actually contemplating going to see Twilight. I've never read the books, mind, though they sound hilariously bad. But it seems like going to see hilariously bad in a movie would be even better.

Sparkly vampires, after all.

I wonder about all the folks I've read who keep going on about how unhealthy the entire thing will be for young female readers. And to be fair, in one sense, I agree. At the very least, the excerpts, recaps, and summaries I've seen sound wretched.

At the same time, I grew up on soap operas and Sweet Valley High and some truly wretched shoujo manga. Not to mention, my mother's romance novels. Unhealthy, horrifying fantasy relationships with terrible role models are hardly new for young girls after all. I do think there are unhealthy after effects, but I don't think it's going to bring down an entire generation of young girls.

Then again, I haven't read it, so maybe it will.

I think the most fun part of it is seeing the actor playing Edward rag on his own character in interviews though. I mean, yeah, it's unprofessional, but he's also playing a sparkly emo vampire, so I think possibly one has to cut him some slack. It's still hilarious though.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home