Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Solicits!

Joy! Solicits are up!

This caught my attention:



I'm torn. It's a lovely statue and that's still my favorite Supergirl costume (I'm a traditionalist at heart.) But I'm not overly fond of her expression. It's awfully empty-looking. I mean, I get that Silver Age Supergirl wasn't really one with the sassy attitude or anything, but it seems sad that such an otherwise lovely statue has such a blank expression.

But then, the whole reason I don't collect figures is that I'm much too picky. Unreasonably so, I admit it. :-)

I do love that Big Barda one though. Also Streaky. Streaky's fun.

The other thing that caught my attention is the Birds of Prey solicit:

BIRDS OF PREY #122
Written by Tony Bedard
Art by Michael O’Hare & John Floyd
Cover by Stephane Roux
Zatanna lends a hand when Manhunter's fears begin to take over her mind, while the Visionary sends his Scavengers after the Birds of Prey! Also: The Joker comes a-calling on Barbara Gordon!


It sounds good, but also like something that could backfire very easily. Hasn't Zatanna learned yet that meddling in people's minds never seems to work? Yeesh, how many times must that girl learn her lesson? :-)

4 Comments:

  • At June 17, 2008 1:48 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Hah! Zatanna never learns!

     
  • At June 17, 2008 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I might get that statue just for the Streaky, the Wonder Cat accessory...:-)

     
  • At June 18, 2008 4:02 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    YAY STREAKY!!! :D

    The expression is VERY blank o_o It's like... whuh? :o I wanna see what the concept art looked like nao D:

    I luff Streaky tho... so that statue is still adorable :)

     
  • At June 20, 2008 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm pretty sure that's an action figure (part of the 13" line that DC has been putting out), so it makes a bit more sense that the expression is blank. although I agree, a bit more expression would be better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home