Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Posters Oooo.

Wow, the UK Posters for Dark Knight are stunning.

Well, actually the Batman one seems a little same-old same-old, nothing against Christian Bale of course, but honestly, you see one gloomy looking Bat in front of a dark background, you've seen 'em all.

I like that his mask seems less of the soft, skull-fitting type in the previous movie. It wasn't bad looking and was probably more dignified, but honestly, it screamed Midnighter to me more than Batman. I'm old fashioned, I like my cowls hard and my ears pointy.

Oo. That came out dirty. :-P

The Joker one is lovely. I don't even like the Joker. I think he's the most overrated Bat villain ever. And his one claim to genuine scary evilness is negated now that Jason Todd's roaming around again.

But Heath Ledger does/did make him look so genuinely creepy.

I like the Harvey Dent one best. Mostly because Aaron Eckhart is hot. I'm shallow, I never much gave a damn about Harvey before. Now because he's played by someone I find attractive, I'm all about the eventual two-face.

Does it make me less shallow if I'm looking forward to the mutilation? I like the admittedly cheesy blocking one side of the face thing. What can I say, I'm easy. :-)

I think the one with the Bat cycle looks kind of silly in comparison, but honestly, I'm one of the handful of fans that actually adored all those boring ass Alex Ross JSA covers with one hero against the black background, so I can't really trust my own taste on the matter.

It looks like it'll be a LOT of fun. Hopefully I survive finals so I can live to see the movie. :-)

6 Comments:

  • At April 29, 2008 3:45 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    The "I believe in Harvey Dent" which is rly great imo b/c it echoes the "I believe in.." lines of The Long Halloween :D

    Those posters in general tho are so amazing :O

     
  • At April 29, 2008 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm pretty happy with 'em, too. The Bats one is a bit on the "Lookit! I gots a Batarang!" side, but the Joker one is muy bueno, and the Harvey one is all kinds of awesome. Harvey's always been my fave Bat-villain... :)

     
  • At April 29, 2008 9:45 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    It's true. Aaron Eckhart IS hot.

     
  • At April 29, 2008 3:54 PM, Blogger Nick said…

    In your defense though....Jay Garrick drawn on a black background by Alex Ross....pretty bad ass.

     
  • At April 30, 2008 2:59 AM, Blogger zhinxy said…

    Ami: And the line from the Long Halloween is itself a tribute to Dark Knight Returns, which echoes the time when I could love Frank Miller without Irony and he could make use of irony... and.


    They ARE awesome posters, though. Just. Awesome.


    And I will not go into a rant in Kalinara's comments section about how much A Death in the Family wasn't at all scary or evil anyway, and Joker is so cool, and it's just that he gets overused, and nobody gets him, and you can't overrate the platonic form of...

     
  • At April 30, 2008 3:03 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Heh, for me it's not that DitF was particularly good. It's that in the end heroes are so much inevitably going to win that being one of the few villains to actually kill one of them (and a big name one like Robin!) was fairly significant to me. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home