Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Knot-tying!

You know, I've pretty much decided this arbitrarily, right now, but I'd really like to see another wedding in a superhero comic.

I don't know why this is. I just like weddings. Whether they're like Catwoman's bizarre dream where she marries Batman. Or the real thing, like when Lois and Clark FINALLY tied the damn knot. (That was a great wedding by the way.

I even liked the Black Panther/Storm wedding. (Whatever my problems with the execution of the couple, that was one pretty wedding.)

So come on! How about a crazy wedding a.la Hank and Jan's?

It doesn't even have to end with an actual marriage. Something in the world could explode or something and interrupt it.

It could even be a fake wedding! Though I admit. I'd prefer a real one. I may have a teeny bit of a romantic inside me after all. (Because I ate her.)

I guess, I just think that while I have no problem with dark and/or sad comics, a little bit of brightness would be a nice refresher. And what's brighter than a wedding?

I am slightly depressed that I can't really think of a couple that really seem close enough to tie the knot seriously though. Maybe Todd and Damon. They have apparently weathered a whole year together by this point, and had apparently been living together before hand. They've also made it through what had to be a rough time when Jade died.

And they'd both look hot in tuxes.

We know gay marriage is legal in Star City at least. :-) So yeah! I want 'em to get married!

Kate could be Damon's best man! Alan could give Todd away! Ollie could officiate! (heh. It's funny in my head...)

It'd be perfect!

12 Comments:

  • At January 29, 2007 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :)DAMN BIG GRIN:)
    Totally agree Kalinara.

     
  • At January 29, 2007 11:07 AM, Blogger Flidget Jerome said…

    It'd even be one of the few superhero weddings that goes off without a single hitch.

    Mostly because The Shade would beat the crap out of anyone who tried to gatecrash.

     
  • At January 29, 2007 11:26 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Oh what the heck, why not? Have it over at the new Justice Society digs, and throw one heck of a party.

    It would be fun.

     
  • At January 29, 2007 1:36 PM, Blogger tavella said…

    What was Lois and Clark's wedding like, anyway? I wasn't following Superman at the time (well, to be honest, I almost never follow Superman solo books.)

     
  • At January 29, 2007 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you heard the gossip about a possible upcoming wedding between Dinah and Ollie? I remember seeing something about it on CBR a few weeks back, and while I'm not sure how true the rumour is, it's out there.

    I'm... torn. While I like Dinah and Ollie as a couple, and would love to see them together again, it's one of those 'it might work after a fortune of therapy' relationships. She still loves him, but I can't see why Dinah would trust Ollie again. He's hurt her too many times, too badly. They love each other, but love isn't enough. There would probably be retconning of recent history, and the character development to get them to where they need to be to make that life decision would most likely be botched.

    But oh, the fluffy, romantic side of my fannish soul, the bit that wants to ignore all sanity and see Dick not fuck up with Babs *again*, the bit I try and drown repeatedly - that part of me wants to see it. I want to see Ollie choose his best man, I want to see the Stag and Hen nights, I want to see Lian and Sin as flower girls, I want to see the Arrowkids adjust to having two parental units for the first time in any of their lives and I want to see Dinah's *stupendous* dress. It'd probably end up a train wreck. But it would be a beautiful train wreck, a light spot in the angst that is comics, and it would make me happy, at least for a little while.

     
  • At January 29, 2007 4:48 PM, Blogger Jason said…

    Isn't Hal Jordan supposed to get married this year? There was the wedding scene in JLA #0 which had Hal marrying a mystery blond. Or maybe that was Hal acting as best man to Ollie in his wedding to Dinah? Hmmmmmm..

     
  • At January 29, 2007 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want a supervillain marriage, one is just not enough.

     
  • At January 29, 2007 8:05 PM, Blogger Evan Waters said…

    I agree, wedding stories are neat. Not sure who I'd want to get hitched right now- maybe Ben Grimm and Alicia, to strengthen the FF family while Reed and Sue try to work things out.

     
  • At January 29, 2007 8:59 PM, Blogger Brandon Bragg said…

    "I want a supervillain marriage, one is just not enough."

    I vote for The Brain and Mallah.

     
  • At January 29, 2007 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greetings! I'm afraid I'll be reading your blog from now on, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

    I'm english, currently only really reading Runaways, used to read a lot of the Vertigo stuff. Looking for more stuff to read, which is a big chunk of why I'm reading here: it's a bit late and a bit awkward trying to start with some of the long-running series, so I'm hoping to pick up some not-very-long-running-mostly-unconnected-series-ideas.

    (You watch Galaxy Rangers, hee~. No-one I've met seems to have ever heard of it.)

     
  • At January 30, 2007 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just realized we were actaully denied seeing the wedding of Hourman and Liberty Belle.

    Maybe we'll get a glimpse during 52?

     
  • At April 17, 2007 2:17 AM, Blogger VP81955 said…

    Brandon said...
    "I want a supervillain marriage, one is just not enough."

    I vote for The Brain and Mallah.


    Only if Elasti-Girl (whose own wedding ceremony to Mento was marred, remember) can find a way to crash it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home