Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Meme Answers

Thanks for your questions! Here are my answers!

Meme answers!

What circumstances would allow "They needed killin'" to hold up as a valid defense? What if I'm in Reno and I just want to watch someone die?

If they're Nightwing, you're okay. Otherwise, you're S.O.L. Sorry.

If you could have a pet monkey, what would you name it and what kind of monkey would it be?

A spider monkey named Spot.

What do you think of the way lawyers are portrayed on shows like Law & Order?

Let me put it this way, if I ever meet Dick Wolf, I'm kicking his old, multi-millionaire ass.

Who should Sookie (True Blood) end up with Sam or Bill?

Neither, she should start dating Bella from Twilight.

Why can I never remember what I went upstairs for?
(For extra credit: What DID I go upstairs for??)


You keep getting distracted by the stain on the carpet.

(Your socks.)

Who shot the bird in the afternoon gameshow?

I have no idea what that is a reference to, but I'm going to assume it was Batman.

Who put the bomp in the bomp, bomp, bomp?

Bonus: Who put the ram in the rama-lama-ding dong?


Godzilla. He was slumming it.

Exactly what are on those photos that Snapper Carr has in his safe deposit box, and what IS his fascination with Hal's feet?

The answer to both of these question is the same. Oh, Hal, I hope to never know where your feet have been.

Does Kyle ever get freaked out about going into the kitchen?

Not as such, but he always flinches before opening the microwave.

What are some of your favourite novels? Perhaps you could mention different genres (fantasy, science-fiction, historical, etc.)...

Hmm. I tend toward junk fantasy as a rule. I think my favorite is C.J. Cherryh's Fortress in the Eye of Time (and sequels.) My favorite science fiction novel is Memory, in Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan Saga.

I'm not sure I have a favorite historical novel. If historical fiction counts, possibly the Count of Monte Cristo, though I liked the Richard Chamberlain movie better. (Come to think about it, that probably doesn't count as "historical" at all. Oops.)

name your favourite superpower and then explain how you would use it to do the mundane everyday things.

Telekinesis. I would NEVER MOVE AGAIN. Also I would do crappy parlor tricks and annoy people.

Would you like some cake?

Yes, I would! Thank you!

3 Comments:

  • At August 28, 2009 6:54 AM, Blogger Ununnilium said…

    I just recently read The Warrior's Apprentice, and it was awesome. I want more. (I got Falling Free, which is in the same universe but isn't a Miles Vorkosigan novel. Dangit. Still good.)

     
  • At August 28, 2009 1:14 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    :-) I don't think you'll regret them.

    Shards of Honor and Barrayar are in the series also, though they predate Miles' birth (well, he's born in Barrayar, so not completely). I'd recommend them though, as Cordelia is awesome.

     
  • At August 29, 2009 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The full set: Falling Free, Shards of Honor, Barrayar, The Warrior's Apprentice, The Vor Game, Cetaganda, Borders of Infinity, Brothers in Arms, Mirror Dance, Memory, Komarr, A Civil Campaign, (the best of the series, IMO) and Diplomatic Immunity. The collections are Cordelia's Honor; Young Miles; Miles, Mystery, and Mayhem; Miles Errant; Miles, Mutants, and Microbes; and Miles in Love. All available either individually or as part of a collection from Baen Books If I can't be a Green Lantern, I want to join the Dendarii Mercenaries.

    -- Jack of Spades

     

Post a Comment

<< Home