Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Update!

Finals are over! And I'm alive! And after the wonderful ten-hour-or-so drive home, I will actually be done with school for the summer!

I would blog more, but I'm currently in a really crappy hotel room and about to get on the way. :-)

It does bring to mind a question I have though. If you could stick two or more characters together for a Hal-and-Ollie or Kyle-and-Connor style road trip, which would you choose?

Back before the OYL reboot, I always wanted to see a Wildcat, Sand, Stargirl and Jakeem Thunder road trip. I'm not sure why they'd have to go on one, but the sheer amusement factor of Wildcat-as-chaperone, and of course the inevitable bar fight (the quiet ones are always the most surprisingly effective in bar fights). And the inevitable horror of Jay and Alan where the kids fill them in on all the fun adventures they had.

It doesn't work as well now, especially since Ted has his own kid to corrupt, but I still always thought it would be fun. :-)

8 Comments:

  • At May 14, 2009 8:37 AM, Blogger Saranga said…

    Congratulations on finishing!
    I'd put together Zinda and the Huntress
    Zinda and Grace Choi (that scene where in the pub where they were lamenting the blue robot's death..I forget her name..anyway they'd make awesome road trip buddies)
    Zinda and Barda

    I think what I'm trying to say is Zinda would be the perfect road trip mate. If someone else was driving.

     
  • At May 14, 2009 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm

    I'm tempted to say Stargirl, Misfit, Traci 13, and Fire.

    Maybe Connor, Kyle, and Wildcat though.

    Oh, and congrats on the finishing.

     
  • At May 14, 2009 1:05 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    I dunno. I think it'd work BETTER with Ted's kid along for the ride.

    But, hmmm... who would I pick?

     
  • At May 14, 2009 1:11 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    Thinking about it -- and feel free to lambaste me for an obvious choice -- I'd go with Booster and Jaime, turning it into a strange combination of Buddy Road Movie and Father Figure Trying To Impart Wisdom To The New Generation.

    (Verification word: Screcivi. I swear, I'm gonna start using Blogger as a random name generator for fantasy characters.)

     
  • At May 14, 2009 3:30 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Lilo & Stitch, Xander Harris & Tara Chace & baby. It would be the greatest road movie ever...

     
  • At May 14, 2009 8:05 PM, Blogger Evan Waters said…

    Ted Kord and Maxwell Lord.

    "They didn't have grape slushees so I got you cherry. Of course, if you don't like it, you can always SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD."

    "Are you EVER going to let that go?"

     
  • At May 15, 2009 10:44 AM, Blogger Nick said…

    Ted Kord (before...well yeah) , Booster Gold, Oberon, and MAYBE Fire (Bea)

     
  • At May 16, 2009 2:30 PM, Blogger David Tai said…

    Got to say, Roy Harper + Guy Gardner would amuse me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home