Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Two Random Ridiculous Realizations for the Price of One

Okay, I admit, I haven't read the comic that this post is referring to, but all I can think of right now, is how someone once told me that Kyle Rayner was the Peter Parker of DC.

It's totally true. :-)

Sorry.

My other realization came about when talking to my friend Flidget over AIM. See the conversation had naturally gone to how Wonder Man and Jean Grey should breed, because their children would be the Marvel Universe equivalent of Weebles (Always wobble but they don't fall down).

She commented: "yes, but what utter assholes they'd be!"

That's when it occurred to me. Red-haired, asshole, and always coming back from the dead?

Their children would be Guy Gardner!

10 Comments:

  • At February 12, 2007 11:40 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I should know better than to be drinking something when I read your page. I spit all over the screen.

     
  • At February 12, 2007 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see where you're coming from on the Kyle Rayner/Peter Parker comparison, but after reading a number of Silver Age Spider-Man stories recently, I've come to realize that nobody quite compares to Peter...as you can see here.

     
  • At February 12, 2007 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, but when Guy Gardner comes back from the dead, he does it with STYLE!

     
  • At February 12, 2007 6:01 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Yes. Yes he does.

    And while Kyle may have the Kiss OF DEATH, I don't think that his sperm has killed anybody yet.

     
  • At February 12, 2007 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speaking of Guy, I want to say what an awesome essay you wrote last week about Guy and Kilowog. It was really insightful and also fun.

    Also speaking of Guy, I was surfing YTMND and found this. After laughing my head off, my first thought was "Kalinara might appreciate this". Warning: contains Guy ass. :P http://batmansprung.ytmnd.com/

     
  • At February 13, 2007 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, it didn't link. Here. :D

     
  • At February 14, 2007 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sallyo: I totally agree! Thank god for seat belts or I'd have fallen when I doubled over laughing:) Guy is a much better person though after all he was first to forgive Hal, and w/ no strings.

    Justin: Regarding Guy's ass. You Do know this is the woman known amoung us for highlighting "Guy Gardener's Rack" don't you? All respect to that rack Kalinara.:)

     
  • At February 14, 2007 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    green with wheelpower: No, I didn't know actually. I've only been reading er blog since July so I might have missed it. I'll have to do a search for it. :)

     
  • At February 14, 2007 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *her blog, sorry. Damn new laptop with it's stupid keys... Anyway, knowing Kalinara, I'm sure it was hilarious.

     
  • At February 14, 2007 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    VERY SULLOM "WELCME BROTHER JUSTIN AS YOU ARE INITIATED IN OUR SACRED ORDER. ALL HAIL THE RACK!
    O-EE-O-WEOH-OH....
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home