Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Most Disgusting Panel:

I have to admit, for all that I complain about the art in Warrior, there is one thing I've always been impressed with:

Linked to spare the weak of heart or stomach,

The first time I saw this page (GG:W 22 for the curious) I stopped *dead*. The image is just so utterly disgusting that I couldn't turn the page for *minutes*. And even then, it took at least three or four times reading the comic before I could tear my eyes away enough to read what he was saying! (By the way: Ew).

I didn't think I'd ever see a villain quite that disgusting in a DC comic. Vertigo *maybe*, but not DC proper. It's quite amazing to me. It takes *skill* to evoke something that grotesque. Seriously.

It's horrible in exactly the way it's supposed to be. Yeecchh.

12 Comments:

  • At May 17, 2006 5:26 AM, Blogger Ragnell said…

    What's fudged up is that I actually have that issue, and am still unable to read past that page.

    I vote this artist for Lovecraft adaptions (It's Mitch Byrd, isn't it?).

     
  • At May 17, 2006 9:08 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    It's *horrific*.

    Yep, Byrd it is and I second.

     
  • At May 17, 2006 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He's... he's not wearing any PANTS.

     
  • At May 17, 2006 4:44 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    No he's not. And that's the least of the problems. :-)

     
  • At May 17, 2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Ferrous Buller said…

    Good of them to cover his groin with his chest-beard, tho - y'know, let `im keep some dignity.

     
  • At May 17, 2006 5:33 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    It's Dementor. Man has no dignity. *shudder*

     
  • At May 17, 2006 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe it's just the build-up, but IMHO it's not that bad. `` Kinda goofy, in fact, with his stumpy legs...

     
  • At May 17, 2006 6:51 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Could also be knowing the kind of stuff he ends up doing that helps too.

    Or that he looks like a weird amalgamation of sex organs to my twisted mind. Egads.

     
  • At May 17, 2006 7:30 PM, Blogger James Meeley said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At May 18, 2006 1:20 AM, Blogger JP said…

    [OZZYVOICE]Oh please god, no.[/OZZYVOICE]

    I was thinking Lovecraft adaptations too. I don't think anything in the Lovecraft graphic novel from Vertigo is quite this viscerally gross, but it's worth a look, btw. Just be aware that it is the mythical Lovecraft this comic deals with, and not really the actual gent from Providence. Not much, anyway.

     
  • At May 18, 2006 1:54 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    james: I don't really think it matters in this case...

    jp: :-) Figured that. It is pretty visually disgusting, isn't it?

     
  • At May 18, 2006 1:55 AM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    Quaid. Quaid. Start the reactor. Free Mars...

    What?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home