Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Don't Trust the Cute Ones:

This is a good month for Sand fans! He got a random cameo in 52 #1, a mention in JSA Classified, and even the implications of this. This makes me happy, so in celebration I thought I'd post another Sand-post.

See, we already know he can be mouthy, but this post is in honor of another lesser known quality of my favorite JSA-er.

Sometimes, he can be a bit of a bastard.

Let me give you some examples!

--

Sand will let you think your teammates are dead in order to get the drop on a badguy.



Now I'm not saying it wasn't a good idea, or that it didn't work, but seriously? If that kid were Batman and pulled this shit, there would have been Words Exchanged.

Just saying.

--

Sand is not against having you risk your life in bizarre ways.



Blind Man's Bluff? More like Russian Roulette. It was a very clever scheme and it did nicely provide them with the weapon to take out Johnny Sorrow, but still, Mid-Nite was almost an ex-Pieter on the off chance that his blindness would save him.

--

Sand will shamelessly lie to you to get you to take the only antidote of a poison.





The latter picture is the very next time we see him after Carter gets the antidote and the kid can't even stand up on his own. I'm keep saying I'm pretty sure the scene actually went like (paraphrased of course.)

Sand: "No, no, I'm fine in silicon form! See? La-di-da-da..."
Kendra gives Carter the antidote.
Carter: "Thank you, both of you."
Sand waits until it's in Carter's blood stream and promptly keels over: "Sucker."

--

Sand does not respect your right to privacy.



Poor Speed. If you really wanted to hide, you shouldn't have picked somewhere like Hong Kong. He'll find you there. You should try Mars.

--

Sand is not above shooting you in the leg if you annoy him.





Bringing up Sorrow is a bad idea. Bringing up Sorrow when he's armed with something that shoots very sharp metal objects? Damn stupid idea. "Wrong gun"...suuure.

But see, he gets away with all this because he's so sweet, calm and un-dramatic. No one's ever gonna call him on it.

Learn from the poor unfortunate Shatterer: *Never* trust the cute ones.



(Pictures taken from JSA 14, 16,19, 22, 30, and DC Presents 47)

4 Comments:

  • At May 28, 2006 8:32 AM, Blogger Brett said…

    I like the little Whump in that last panel, now that would be a Splatt! just to make the point..

     
  • At May 28, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    As onomatopoeia goes, I've always liked "Squelchh".

    Nothing good ever sounds like "squelchh".

     
  • At May 28, 2006 10:13 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said…

    "Whoops." Heh, it sounds like something I'd say when playing my dad in Goldeneye. "Sure Dad, I'll let you get some body armor before I start shooting." BLAM! "Sorry."

    You can't see it, but I'm grinning like crazy.

    Still, where is my Sand Heroclix, damnit?!

     
  • At May 28, 2006 2:46 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Heheh, that's why you don't bring up Sorrow to Sand when he's armed.

    And I want a Heroclix too. And I don't even play.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home