Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weird Thought:

So I was watching old bad sitcoms this weekend (don't ask), and I'm curious...

Has anyone else watched Full House and been disturbed by the way the adults treated Kimmy Gibler?

I mean, yeah, she's a bit annoying, but she's a KID. And she's rarely outright disrespectful to them. At least no worse than the "cute" Tanner children.

This seems to be a weird trait in the "heartwarming" family sitcoms (you know, the ones that portray reasonably healthy, happy families who genuinely like one another...which seems rare nowadays) where the otherwise kind, nice adults irrationally hate one of the kids' annoying best friends. I don't get it.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home