Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weird title, but looks interesting

Am I the only one who thinks "the Dark Knight Rises" is a weird title for Batman 3? It's basically the of Batman 2, but with an extra word. I don't know why, but it bothers me.

I am looking forward to Catwoman though. I was initially boggled by the casting choice, but I'm willing to give Anne Hathaway a shot, and I've loved Catwoman since I was about six or seven.

I'm not sure what I think of the rumors that Talia al'Ghul would show up. Talia's a character that I like the idea of, but never really cared about her execution. At least until the Damian plot, no one ever seemed to have a good handle on what to actually do with her. (At least Nyssa had the league of assassins silliness.) But then the movies are a tad more streamlined, so maybe they can make it work.

3 Comments:

  • At February 14, 2011 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Like, say, Batman and Batman Returns?

    I always thought TAS did a good job with Talia, although after a while, yeah, you gotta find something new. Her running an empire and dealing with Lex Luthor was pretty interesting. The whole "Head is pronounced HEED" thing bugged me though.

     
  • At February 14, 2011 8:40 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I think it's a bit different when it's the first movie and sequel. Then it's a naming scheme. All the pre Nolan Batmans work like that: Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman (and) Robin

    But this is second and third, so no naming scheme.

    Batman Begins, (Batman) The Dark Knight, (Batman) The Dark Knight Rises just sounds weird.

     
  • At February 14, 2011 1:37 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    I'm hoping this installment is all about Bruce Wayne becoming a contestant on Celebrity Baker and face the deadly menace of THE CONFECTIONEER! Can even Batman's World's Finest cooking skills enable him to survive this bad-boy baker?

    Or maybe something with Yeast Monsters...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home