Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Oooo

It's times like this that I wish I were more well-versed in the overall Marvel Universe. I mean, I'm pretty good with X-Men (or at least whichever team features Cyclops at any given time. :-P) and Captain America. I've got a decent background with the Avengers. I liked Young Avengers and at least vaguely know of the Runaways.

But I've never heard of any of these characters that will be in Youth in Revolt.

I do really like both Thor Girl and Ultragirl*'s designs though. Even though I have no idea what the stories are behind them.

Anyone familiar with the names willing to verify if they're cool?

(Edited, apparently the one I assumed was Ultragirl isn't. :-) Still, her design is pretty cool! Thanks!)

4 Comments:

  • At February 12, 2011 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm pretty sure the girl in red is Firestar..and she's cool even if she was in Marvel Divas. Don't know the rest of them except Thor Girl.
    Anna

     
  • At February 12, 2011 5:12 AM, Blogger Ragnell said…

    I only know Ultragirl. She's actually kinda fun, had a miniseries back in the 90s.

    Last I saw her she was dating Justice in Avengers Academy, I hadn't realized she'd been in the Initiative until then.

     
  • At February 12, 2011 5:54 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Work computer won't let me go to Robot6, but Thor Girl and Ultragirl were both featured in the Initiative. Though most of that time Thor Girl was a Skrull. Ultragirl is some kind of half-Kree and has generic flying brick powers. Thor Girl has some connection to Asgard that makes her like Valkyre Jr with a hammer...

     
  • At February 12, 2011 5:58 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Ok, checking Newsarama looks like you've got Firestar and Gravity (last seen in McKeever's brief lived "Young Allies") and then Ultragirl, Thor Girl, Komodo and Hardball. All from the Initiative. Hardball and Komodo used to be a couple until Hardball was revealed as a HYDRA plant. Komodo's powers are from a variant of what turned Curt Cooner into the Lizard. Except with her not being a son eating monster...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home