Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Raven TV show?

One side benefit to Ragnell and my little pet project is that I actually have motivation to keep up to date on comic news better than I've been in a long time. I'm still a bit behind, but I'm catching up.

For example, I hadn't heard this gossip about a Raven series in the vein of "Smallville".

On one hand, I'm kind of skeptical. Raven as a character never did much for me. (As Titans girls go, I preferred Starfire's cheerful lack of subtlety to Raven's endless angst.) But I can't deny that she seemed to be one of the most popular characters of the Teen Titans cartoons.

She's got a good backstory to fit into Supernatural type marketing, and she allows for a bit more freedom in storytelling I think than Smallville does. (Have they put that boy into the costume yet? He's like thirty-five by now!)

It'll all depend on marketing, I think. Maybe writing too, but honestly, I never thought Birds of Prey was much worse than Smallville quality-wise, so you never really know what'll click.

But I'd be interested in seeing where they go with it. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At December 13, 2010 5:16 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I can't say that the thought of a Raven show appeals to me much. I've never been much of a Titans fan.

    I want a JLI sitcom, dammit!

     
  • At December 15, 2010 8:35 AM, Blogger Eyz said…

    A JLI sitcom, SIGN ME IN! XD

    I fear for the "take" they'll wanna use with Raven...huh-uh...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home