Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Talkin' a bit about my story.

I suppose I could always, considering it's NaNoWriMo, actually talk about the story I'm writing. I'm behind, but I've still got a reasonably good chance of actually hitting 50000 words this time around.

Basically, the story is a total pulp sci-fi, B-Movie, Mary Sue filled extravaganza.

It is Dreadful!

And I'm having lots of fun writing it.

The plot is: chick who is the avatar of a star (which is totally just a convenient excuse for her being able to fly in space, be invulnerable, and melt shit on command, and any other powers the plot requires) teams up with a crazy space spy/cop from a planet of repressed lunatic eugenicists to hunt down a group of pirates based in the Oort Cloud.

The pirates totally have a doomsday weapon (of course) called a "Starkiller" (of course!).

Basically, the characters just spend a lot of time having "witty banter", vaguely hitting on each other, punching pirates or shooting them in the face respectively, and the guy gets captured/injured a lot because it amuses me.

I have learned that I'm dreadful with any sort of romance or sexual tension that doesn't involve punching bad guys in the head. But I'm having fun anyway.

So, this is why I haven't been blogging.

What are you up to?

3 Comments:

  • At November 17, 2010 9:45 PM, Blogger Ununnilium said…

    That sounds incredifun.

     
  • At November 17, 2010 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    NaNo writing too. Not having as much fun as you, but I've fallen in love with my supervillain. DAMMIT.

     
  • At November 18, 2010 4:31 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I've always found punching someone in the head to be incredibly romantic. It certainly explains why Hal gets all the girls!

    But the concept of pirates lurking in the Oort cloud just thrills me to my toes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home