Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Distracted thoughts about video games.

Okay, so I've finally got the chance to sit down and play a bit of lego-Batman. It's...kind of awesome.

Meanwhile, my good friend Matt is playing my copy of Justice League Heroes. It...seems kind of like a poor man's version of Ultimate Alliance, gameplay wise. (I don't quite understand why three of the four Green Lanterns* are separate characters but the Flashes aren't. Especially since Matt likes using the Jay Garrick skin, and it's so weird to hear "Jay" talking like Wally. Perhaps brain damage was involved.)

*Guy Gardner was cheated. Damn it.

I do like how they made Clark kind of quietly snarky. "They don't call you the world's greatest detective for nothing." Heh. And Batman's entertainingly dickish as usual.

I also don't understand why Zatanna's there, but Matt has a thing for characters who turn people into things. (See also, Dr. Strange and his crates.)

The AI is almost endearingly stupid too. Heh.

4 Comments:

  • At September 06, 2009 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It IS awesome!

    I gave up on Justice League Heroes by the first board. Bor-ing.

    I'm not sure how I feel about Arkham Asylum either. My brother was playing it the other day, and it was like "Wow, this is pretty...until you get to Harley...and all you had to do was walk to the Batmobile and your mission is 'complete'? Uh..."

    (It's Alana, but Open ID is being stupid today.)

     
  • At September 06, 2009 11:28 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Why is Guy ALWAYS the one GL that gets left out?

    Hmmmph.

     
  • At September 06, 2009 3:02 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Alana: Likewise. Matt seems to be liking it though.

    SallyP: It's hard to be Guy sometimes. :-(

     
  • At September 07, 2009 8:20 PM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    Oh, man. I played this game with a friend all the way to the end. Annoying in spots but I really loved playing as Wonder Woman and flinging people around in her lariat and Flash doing his pinball schtick. Mind you, I wish we could have known when boss battles were going to start. As it turned out, we ended up having to fight Doomsday as a freshly unlocked Huntress and John Stewart. Not exactly the easiest win, let me tell you.

    And yes, poor Guy. He gets passed over so much that I think he deserves his own game/cartoon at this point.

    Also, Arkham Asylum is pure delight from what I've played thus far.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home