Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, September 04, 2009

Disney Related Babbling

You know what bothers me about the Disney Princesses? Not the sexism. Not the implied "wait for good things to happen" message I've seen in certain products (more the games than the movies, to be fair). Not the fact that the most interesting of them seem to be marginalized.

The thing that bothers me about Disney Princesses is that they always portray Aurora in the pink version of her costume. The blue version is much better.

It's all because of Cinderella's stupid dress. Stupid Cinderella favoritism. Hmph. (At least Aurora has the better boyfriend. And better fairy relatives*. And an actual name.)

*I mean, seriously, she was her step-relatives bitch for HOW many years, and the godmother picks NOW to show up?! I think Ragnell was right, she was totally the Prince's godmother. Hmph.

I'm not sure what this says about my sense of priorities.

On the other hand. The Disney Fairies are freaking adorable. Aw. (Though I still find Tinker Bell a bit irritating.)

7 Comments:

  • At September 05, 2009 12:37 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Though Shrek 3 was generally pretty stupid, I did like the mass Princess jail break...

     
  • At September 05, 2009 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really would like to see Disney Princess Storm.

     
  • At September 05, 2009 1:21 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Yes, the blue dress is MUCH nicer with Aurora's hair color than the pink. I think I was about five years old when Sleeping Beauty came out and for years,it was my favorite. Malificent is STILL my favorite Disney Villainess.

    Now that Marvel is a part of Disney,maybe the Punisher will show up and pick off Tinkerbell. Now THAT would make for a heck of a start to a Marvel Movie!

     
  • At September 07, 2009 7:07 AM, Blogger Ragnell said…

    I wish we could get the blue-pink mix of the dress, or the peasant version.

    And yeah, doesn't Cinderella suddenly make sense if she's with the Prince?

     
  • At September 07, 2009 7:08 AM, Blogger Ragnell said…

    And now that Marvel's been taken over by Disney we need a Tinkerbell-Iron Man teamup.

    My vote is for putting her on the Nerd Panel of Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Hank McCoy, Bruce Banner and Hank Pym that shows up from time to time. With Gadget.

     
  • At September 07, 2009 7:26 AM, Blogger $tephen said…

    @Ragnell.
    Guh... now I'm thinking of Tinkerbell in a scale model Iron Fairy suit flanked by Gadget in an WarMouse suit.

    And Tony Stark's ringtone suddenly changing to "It's a small world after all".

     
  • At September 08, 2009 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'll also notice Cinderella not only stole Aurora's dress color, but also, her hair color. In the original films, Aurora has light yellow (blonde) hair, and Cinderella's hair is strawberry blonde to light red. But in all the group shots, Cindy gets the yellow hair, and Aurora's is darker.

    Jeff M.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home