Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oooo

Okay, I know a lot of folk might not like this news but truthfully, I'm really excited. I remember a lot of folks complaining about how so many characters have been killed off in major events lately (I admit, it didn't seem like more than Zero Hour to me, but I've only been a superhero comic fan for about four years now) but now it seems like there was a reason!

Or maybe not and it's all pulled out of collective asses anyway. But I'm still really intrigued by this. Especially since there are people whose deaths I'd completely forgotten about like Phantom Lady in there.

My own personal prediction is that this somehow ends with mass resurrections. Because it's comics and most of these folk will be back anyway as soon as someone in charge feels like it, so why not do it in once big epic grandiose swoop!

Or they all die. But it still seems very exciting to me.

I'm kind of hoping this means the return for Neptune Perkins. Granted, getting chomped in half by the Shark at the beginning of Infinite Crisis WAS a sufficiently ignoble and undignified death, but I kind of miss having a character alive that I could hate RATIONALLY* with every fiber of my being.

*In as much as it can be rational to hate a two-dimensional character.

Besides, Dick Grayson's actually getting tolerable and Gambit hasn't shown up in the X-comics I've been reading (except Legacy) so I need someone to vent hate on. It helps keep me positive.

(Also, with Wes Dodds specifically mentioned, I'm hoping this means Sandy will get an actual fucking plot again. I might still be bitter about the Red Tornado thing. Heh.)

8 Comments:

  • At June 18, 2009 5:05 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said…

    I think we're all a bit bitter about the Red Tornado thing.

     
  • At June 18, 2009 9:13 AM, Blogger Scott said…

    I'm kinda hoping for mass resurrections, too. And this way, they can have them make a little sense, at least as far as anything in comics makes sense.

     
  • At June 18, 2009 11:39 AM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    No Katma Tui? I though that one was a gimme.

    Also, I'm a little confused about the implications of the resurrection of Boston Brand would be. I mean, isn't he only a superhero BECAUSE he's dead? In any event, I'd probably buy the Liveman mini-series.

     
  • At June 18, 2009 7:19 PM, Blogger ARS said…

    "No Katma Tui? I though that one was a gimme."

    This was just the Earth possibilities. There will be many more from many sectors, and with the specific Fatality wanting to use her love powers to help John Stewart, I do not see how Kat will not be back, Sinestro even had a major reminder of her recently while talking to his daughter.

     
  • At June 18, 2009 9:26 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Well...there are a lot of people that I'd love to bring back. On the other hand, there are a lot that I'd prefer to stay dead,like Kari Limbo and Terry Long and Snapper Carr.

    Oops...Snapper's not dead...yet.

     
  • At June 19, 2009 2:56 AM, Blogger Tom Foss said…

    I'm still predicting that Hal will become the White Lantern at some point during the miniseries, wielding all the color rings at once, and the white light of life will ultimately resurrect the Black Lanterns for real.

     
  • At June 19, 2009 9:41 AM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    I am also optimistic about color mixing, but wish they had done some already. Hal with a blue and green ring on simultaneously should have been a Turquoise Lantern!

     
  • At November 27, 2011 9:48 PM, Anonymous Jordan said…

    This can't work in reality, that is exactly what I suppose.
    shooting games | free full version games | free ride games | pro games direct | new online games

     

Post a Comment

<< Home