Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Interlude

I'm not going to answer my meme yet, mostly because I like to give it one extra day for any stragglers. :-) Hopefully my answers will entertain you.

That said, today is Election Day! Well, if you're American, anyway. And if you haven't already voted via absentee or something. I'm excited and nervous.

I don't blog often about real world politics, mostly because I'm not all that interested in online debating it. Sorry guys, but that's the sort of thing I get to debate and discuss a lot in real life. I know you guys all have very good reasons for voting the way you do, I know I do, and I know we're not likely to convince one another. Especially not TODAY.

That said, I'm crossing my fingers and casting my ballot for Obama/Biden. Which I'm sure is not terribly surprising coming from a blog like mine. I've got nothing against you McCain fans, but he's not where I stand on the issues, so there ya go. I'd wish you guys luck, but that'd be a bit counter productive. Well, may the best man win! :-)

Anyway, we'll see tonight whether I get to cheer with joy or be dejected and melodramatically contemplate a move to Canada. (I probably wouldn't actually go, but I'm fond of dramatic proclamations.) :-)

7 Comments:

  • At November 04, 2008 7:26 AM, Blogger Your Ol' Pal Rob said…

    First, I really doubt your candidate is going to lose. The happiness an Obama win will give to you, and those of my friends who support him is one of the few consolations I will take from such a victory. Second, in the unlikely event that he does lose, you mustn't move. Your post and its tone reveal exactly the sort of person this country needs by the thousands.

     
  • At November 04, 2008 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "contemplate a move to Canada."

    We'd be happy to have you.

    -Phil

     
  • At November 04, 2008 7:51 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    rob: Aw. I wouldn't actually move. I'd just sulk for a while. :-)

    Phil: Aw thanks. :-)

     
  • At November 04, 2008 9:33 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Hah! I just performed my civic duty. I have to say, I've never seen so many cars before.

    It really WOULD be nice to win for a change.

     
  • At November 04, 2008 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kalinara, thank you for demonstrating what a democratic civil society should be like. I disagree with your choice of candidate, but I appreciate your respect for those who disagree with you. The important thing is for us all to participate. That's how this thing works, and when people decry those who disagree as villains, the nation suffers.

    -- Jack of Spades

     
  • At November 04, 2008 3:23 PM, Blogger notintheface said…

    I haven't voted today, and I don't plan to.


    (I already voted early.)

     
  • At November 04, 2008 9:46 PM, Blogger Duskdog said…

    I'm Obama all the way, but I have respect for anyone who takes the time to actually think about the issues and who they want to vote for, regardless of whether I agree with their choice or not. The way I see it is that different issues are more important to different people, and we all weigh them differently, so differences in opinions on candidates are inevitable.

    Folks who vote without putting any thought into it at all make me sad, though. Even when they're voting for my candidate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home