Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Who Rumors!

Ooo!!! Doctor Who casting rumors!!!

And a good one too! He was very funny in his episode of Doctor Who and while I disliked his character, I was supposed to, I suspect, so it's all good.

I really like David Tennant's Doctor, but I'm an old school Who-fan, really. I've long since come to terms with the recasting thing. (Besides, my favorite was Peter Davison anyway. I couldn't help it. He was young, angsty, cranky and swoony. Fortunately, Colin Baker was my second favorite. Mostly because he reminds me of my cat.)

It should be interesting when they hit the 13th, but then there are many many excuses to stretch it out longer, so it's all good. :-) I'm excited!

7 Comments:

  • At October 14, 2008 9:36 AM, Blogger Anthony Strand said…

    Boy, it's been so long since I saw series one that I don't even remember this guy. A rewatch of those episodes is in order.

    Of course, this will turn out to not be true anyway. But still, it's always worthwhile to rewatch Doctor Who.

     
  • At October 14, 2008 9:59 AM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    Aw, I'll miss David Tennant. He had real charm. :(

    My favorite was Patrick Troughton.

     
  • At October 14, 2008 10:43 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I'll miss Tennant too. But well, it's kind of inevitable. :-)

     
  • At October 14, 2008 11:11 AM, Blogger Nick said…

    No love for Tom Baker!?

    BOOO!, lol.

     
  • At October 14, 2008 4:19 PM, Blogger Mana G said…

    Tom Baker's frankly my favorite, (he was my first Doctor, there's a bond there), though he's closely followed by Sylvester McCoy. I hated Peter Davison when I was younger, but I've developed a new appreciation for him. (It must have been re-watching "The Five Doctors.") I've become deeply fond of David Tennant, but I must say, I'm rather excited by these rumors, mainly because I've been arguing for a non-white Doctor for about a year, now. If this is true, then I was right, and I'm never right when it comes to this stuff.

     
  • At October 15, 2008 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's the guy who played the Marquis of Carabas? That's an excellent choice!

    I noticed the article said that Tom Baker is returning in an unnamed role. I was at a convention in March where he was one of the guests, where they asked him if he was interested in returning. He was vague about it.

    Paul McGann, on the other hand, wants to return. As Tegan.

    --ingvild

     
  • At October 15, 2008 6:25 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said…

    I think it's about damn time. I mean, it's very likely that America will have its first black president soon. So the U. K. should have its first black Doctor.

    Those positions are comparable, aren't they?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home