Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, October 13, 2008

A Neurotic Interlude

I have finished all my major assignments for tomorrow.

This is actually a bad thing. See. What many don't know about me is that I'm neurotic as all hell. I HAVE to leave things to the last minute possible, because if I don't, I will do the entire assignment, stare at it, go "WRONG WRONG WRONG" tear it up and start all over again from scratch.

And now I'm eying my International Law Outline. As I'm pretty sure it is NOT what the Professor wants and he's gonna hate it and...

Yeah, this is why I procrastinate. Because as long as I'm working straight up to a deadline, I can't scrap it all. It's also why, unlike some procrastinators, I did really well in my internship. Everything was so important and needed to be done NOW that it was like working with a constant deadline. It was: find-the-way-to-do-it, write-write-write, give-to-attorney, fix-fix-fix, give-to-attorney, fix-fix-fix, give-to-attorney (repeat as necessary), get signature, put in envelope, address, mail, next one, GO! Interspersed with other assignments and telephone work and stuff. I was always busy and everything HAD to be done and there wasn't time for neurotic self-doubt.

I miss my job. <3

On the plus side I've been distracting myself with the internet and web comics recommendations (THANK YOU ALL!!!) and other nifty things like these pictures for the Sherlock Holmes movie.

I'm sure lots of folk will disagree, but I think they actually look really good. Jude Law in particular does NOT look at all like I was picturing! I think I'm looking forward to the movie.

I think I'm going to go look at many many many more pictures until this caffeine high wears off and I crash to sleep.

Goodnight!

6 Comments:

  • At October 13, 2008 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who would disagree?? They look awesome!

     
  • At October 13, 2008 9:01 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    It sounds as though you perform beautifully under pressure. I imagine this will come in handy, once you graduate.

    There is just SOMETHING about Victorian and Edwardian fashion. All the men look sensational.

     
  • At October 13, 2008 1:43 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    I wonder how many yaoi manga there are based around Sherlock Holmes. I'm going to guess at seven...

    Also which is more common. Holmes/Watson or Holmes/Moriarty. I bet no one does Holmes/Inspector Lestrade or Watson/Moriarty. Thats kind of sad...

     
  • At October 13, 2008 2:53 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Depends on who's the designated uke, I'd reckon. Then, there'll be ANY amount of non-con either way.

     
  • At October 13, 2008 5:06 PM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    Holmes/Watson was pretty much canon, wasn't it?

    As far as the movie goes, I'm very glad they're not playing Watson as a fat fool. I got tired of that real fast.

     
  • At October 13, 2008 6:30 PM, Blogger Mana G said…

    I think Holmes/Watson was rather like Agatha Christie's Poirot/Hastings: They may not be canon, but they just as damn well might have been.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home