Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Blog Maintenance Post

Well! I finally gutted out my blogroll for the first time in a good two years. It's kind of depressing to see how many of the blogs I loved so much closed.

I think it's because I rely so much on bloglines for news, that I tend to miss how long some blogs go without updating. It makes me sad to think I've missed them leaving.

On the plus side I've FINALLY added quite a few folks I ought to have added a long time ago. I need to dig through my links to find the others. Though, you know, if you want a link up here and don't want to wait for my lazy ass to remember, please drop a line here.

You can pretty much assume that if you're a reader, I'd probably like to link you. :-) I just a have a nonexistent attention span.

(If I linked you before and somehow aren't now, please tell me too, I'm sure I lost some links in the process.)

Oh and finally, if you're on my blogroll and want off for whatever reason, drop me a line too and I'll take you off no questions asked and no hard feelings.

Thanks!

-Kalinara

15 Comments:

  • At October 01, 2008 7:29 PM, Blogger notintheface said…

    That's one part of blogging I still haven't gotten the hang of: how to create a blogroll on Blogger, let alone how to maintain it. I couldn't feel like a bigger idiot on that front.

     
  • At October 01, 2008 8:27 PM, Blogger Elayne said…

    Thanks for keeping me on the blogroll, Melissa!

    Notin, I coded my own blogroll. What you need to do is go into Edit Template, then hand-code stuff. Email me if you want to see how I do it. I must warn you, though, my blogroll is fairly intimidating. :)

     
  • At October 02, 2008 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Wordpress blog is less comics and more general books, but I've alway had you on my blogroll and read you daily. Do with that information what you will. :D

     
  • At October 02, 2008 8:38 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I like books! :D

     
  • At October 02, 2008 8:51 AM, Blogger Rich said…

    Woo hoo, still on there!

    I did this a few months ago and you're right, it is depressing how many drop off the list when you don't visit them regularly.

    Could you do me one teensy favor and change the link from blogspot to www.comicbycomic.com ?

    Otherwise, keep up the awesome.

     
  • At October 02, 2008 8:52 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Eek. No problem.

     
  • At October 02, 2008 9:14 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Yeah, I need to do this too. Oh, if only I could find a teenager to come and do it for me!

    Notintheface, I feel your pain! That's why I have minions!

     
  • At October 03, 2008 5:32 PM, Blogger Saranga said…

    *raises hand* I read this regularly and comment occasionally. umm and I'd feel very special if you linked me?
    (feed my ego, go on!)

     
  • At October 03, 2008 5:33 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Thanks! I'll add you now!

     
  • At October 04, 2008 6:57 PM, Blogger Saranga said…

    Ooh you did link me. *blushes* thanks!

     
  • At October 04, 2008 9:02 PM, Blogger notintheface said…

    Can I get some "Stars And Garters" linkage?

     
  • At October 04, 2008 10:11 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    No problem! Thanks for the reminder!

     
  • At October 05, 2008 7:28 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said…

    I've only commented on your blog once or twice but I've been reading for about a year. I was hoping you'd give my blog a look.

    Comics, TV and my own meandering ramblings, if you'd like to give it a look (I think I've) added the link to this post.

    Thank you for your time, Kalinara.

    P.S. Also trying to create a blogroll of my own. I'm just rubbish at technology and I was hoping for your permission to include yours on it.

     
  • At October 06, 2008 11:52 AM, Blogger Greg Sanders said…

    Another reader and occasional commenter (who failed to successfully comment the first time I tried to post this).

    I've got a blog up at gregsanders.typepad.com I haven't done as many comic posts lately, although I did cover some of Y in a recent one. Thanks for being so generous as to consider posting links to your readers.

     
  • At October 07, 2008 6:18 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Thanks guys! You've been added! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home