Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Thought Re: Shining Knight

It occurs to me that one creator-comic match up that I'd really like to see is Tamora Pierce on Shining Knight.

I admit, her White Tiger didn't turn out to be my cup of tea. But Ms. Pierce is a very talented and successful writer, and I suspect that a time-lost Camelot knight who happens to be a young woman cross-dressing as a young man complete with nifty flying horse and Excalibur would definitely be within Ms. Pierce's area of expertise.

And if anyone knows how to pull off young-adult power fantasy particularly geared toward young women, I'd place my bets on Ms. Pierce. And now that she's had some comic writing experience under her belt, I'd bet she could do a fantastic job.

It'd be a comic, I'd really like to read. :-)

3 Comments:

  • At September 27, 2008 9:04 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    *stares*

    You're trying to make the Beka Cooper books come out slower aren't you? Why would you hate me like that?

     
  • At September 29, 2008 7:04 PM, Blogger Cami said…

    I don't know about White Tiger, but being a teenager/young woman/whatever who highly enjoys the Tortall series in my school's library,(Nevermind that a Senior sneaks into the Middle School part of the library to read these books) I would totally buy that.

     
  • At October 03, 2008 2:50 PM, Blogger Mickle said…

    Word.

    I always thought they should have just make a graphic novel of one of her existing books or ask her to write another character series for her existing worlds specifically as a graphic novel.

    But then again, I also though they were stupid for not marketing White Tiger to her existing fans anyway. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. I rather think a lot of other fans would have felt the same.

    and

    "You're trying to make the Beka Cooper books come out slower aren't you? Why would you hate me like that?"

    hahahaha!

    (you know, one of my first thoughts when reading that chase scene in Terrier was that is would make an awesome movie scene. It owuldn't be bad as a comic, either)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home