Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ooo Tekwar Comic!

You know it's rather peculiar that William Shatner working on a TekWar comic has actually made me sit up with interest.

I have to admit, I kind of like TekWar. A lot. Jake Cartigan's an interesting character and I've always thought the use of "tek" as a sort of VR-related drug was nifty. I hadn't seen that before. I think I HAD seen the cryo-storage as punishment thing before, but I thought TekWar's use of it was pretty neat.

I also really adored the television show when I was twelve or so. (It's also why I was so happy to see Torri Higginson on Stargate Atlantis. I was all: "OMG! Beth Kittridge!!!" I am such a dork. Actually, that may also have been what enticed me to watch Earth: Final Conflict. "Doctor Anne from Highlander and Sonny Hokori! Neat!" I kind of love the tiny tiny pool of actors that seem to wind up in EVERY Canadian-filmed sci-fi show. It's like a people version of "Go-Fish")

I always found it kind of interesting that for all Shatner's reputed egotism, he didn't cast himself as Jake Cartigan as I recall Jake in the books to be quite a bit older than Greg Evigan. But I kind of digress.

Anyway, I wonder when we'll be seeing concept art. I can hardly wait!

5 Comments:

  • At September 17, 2008 7:09 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    I also really adored the television show when I was twelve or so

    I. Am. So. Damn. Old.

     
  • At September 17, 2008 12:16 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Sorry!

     
  • At September 17, 2008 1:48 PM, Blogger Nick said…

    Aww TekWar I remember the all day marathons on SciFi well.

    Shatner sporting the flamboyant shirts & vests.

     
  • At September 17, 2008 3:26 PM, Blogger Greg Sanders said…

    I still hum the theme song sometimes.

    That said, I most remember the series because of the time the school library in the Simpson's was hit with budget cuts and could only afford books banned by other libraries. Principle Skinner's commented that such cutbacks weren't so bad and that "Sooner or later the kids will have to learn about Tek war."

     
  • At September 17, 2008 9:43 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    I always loved the old TV show and the TV movies! xD Esp since it was filmed in Toronto! :D And the actor who played Sid Gomez was the father of a friend of my friend! xD I met him xD

    But I've always had a soft spot for TekWar :) I have the whole series on DVD :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home