Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Verily???

You know, just when I think the Marvel Studios Avenger-type movies can't sound any better I come across rumors like this. (Here's a more official rumor type source.)

Methinks the variety writer has never been a Thor reader if he finds the choice of Kenneth Branagh as director "surprising". Then again, I find the choice surprising. Surprising as in "AWESOME."

What is it with Marvel Studios and their ability to pick people that makes me go "...I can TOTALLY see that." It started with Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, and doesn't seem to have missed a step since. (Well, at least when I ignore all the rumors that I don't like. :-P).

I would have never have thought of Branagh myself, I admit, but well, who better? And this way, we'll be fairly sure to have some decent Shakespearian dialogue now, won't we?

Hee.

7 Comments:

  • At September 29, 2008 6:26 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    And this way, we'll be fairly sure to have some decent Shakespearian dialogue now, won't we?

    Would make a nice change from the current main comic, where they dropped the faux-Shakespearean style...

     
  • At September 29, 2008 8:22 AM, Blogger Menshevik said…

    Yea, verily, yea!

    (I can't help it, "The Court Jester" is one of my all-time favourite movies).

     
  • At September 29, 2008 10:19 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I never would have thought of him either, but he IS a darned good director, so it could work out quite nicely.

    Forsooth.

     
  • At September 29, 2008 7:42 PM, Blogger Duskdog said…

    Thor is the Marvel movie that makes me most excited, and this rumor, if true, is wonderful news. I've always been on the fence about whether or not having the faux-Shakespearian dialogue of classic Thor would be a smart move in a movie or not, but if anybody could pull it off, it's Branagh!

     
  • At September 29, 2008 7:58 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    What is it with Marvel Studios and their ability to pick people that makes me go "...I can TOTALLY see that."

    Because Marvel Studios actually takes these characters seriously, and is determined to make good movies, not just good superhero movies.

     
  • At September 30, 2008 10:27 AM, Blogger Seth T. Hahne said…

    I'm just curious how much screen real estate Branaugh will devote to having the word DOOOOOOM pound out across the screen.

     
  • At September 30, 2008 6:09 PM, Blogger Evan Waters said…

    It'd be nice to see someone that idiosyncratic take the reigns.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home