Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Solicits!

Yay! Solicits are up!

Which means *I* have a post. Yay!

-I'm mildly bemused by the Titans, but hey, I'm much happier with a Dick/Starfire revisitation than a Dick/Barbara, so I can deal. (If you're new around here, I do NOT like the Dick/Babs couple for many searchable reasons. :-P)

-I always thought "Antithesis" was a good villain name. It rolls off the tongue so well.

-You know, I've always thought Batman a tad overrated (I know, blasphemy, heh) but seeing him poised against Zealot on that Dream War cover makes me cheer. Kick her ass, Batboy!

-Ooo, swordsmen versus dinosaurs. I'm there.

-Still totally apathetic to the Spoiler thing, but I know lots of folks that are really looking forward to this, so I'm happy for them. :-)

-Isn't Talia Al-Ghul dead yet? Yeesh.

-I like the All-New Atom, but it's weird that by June, they're going to still be exploring the Palmer-Choi connection. I mean, shouldn't they have gotten that out of the way by now?

-Ooo, traumatic Wally-flashbacks. That'll be fun. :-)

-And Hal's origin continues. It's not Emerald Dawn. It's already a plus in my book. :-)

-And JSA Classified is AGAIN about Wildcat. I do love Ted Grant, but it still seems like the comic's constantly about one of the same five characters all the time. And that might be being generous. Yeesh.

-Beowulf! Didn't he die at the end of that story?

-I keep trying to get into the current legion, but I can't. Possibly it's my age. At 25, I'm well aware that by Legion standards, I'm one of those icky adults, but I'm still young enough to remember that teenage years were not the bygone halcyon days of yore, but actually kind of lame. Can't drink, can't smoke, can't vote, and high school society was really really fucking annoying. Yeesh.

-When did Keith Giffen take over Midnighter? That might get me to pick it up. Nothing against Ennis's talent, but his writing tends to be somewhat give-or-take for me. It's a stylistic thing, and I don't like Midnighter alone enough to bother trying to wade through that. I might try Giffen's though.

-I really adored Fables once upon a time (pun unintended, sadly enough) but somewhere along the way it lost me. Too bad. I do remember the beginning very fondly.

-I still really hope they don't airbrush Alan Scott. I'm sure they will, but I wish they wouldn't. Much as I like to joke about it, it's hardly that big of a deal. Yeesh.

And on the Marvel side.

-Captain America looks good. Oooo.

-Mythos: Captain America looks good too. I just hope Jenkins keeps Sally Floyd far from it.

-Guy with an eye patch! Guy with an eye patch! I'm totally going to have to buy Secret Invasion now! It's about damn time, damnit!

-Didn't Kate and Clint already have their clash in Fallen Son? I remember really liking that bit. Oh well, should still be interesting.

Looks like it'll be a good month.

8 Comments:

  • At March 19, 2008 8:17 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Ok, lets look at those DC solicits first. Reign in Hell? Maybe. I like Giffen and maybe this will FINALLY reintegrate some of the characters shuffled over to Vertigo like Swamp Thing or Tim Hunter...

    Blue Beetle will still be Pfiefer. *sigh*

    War That Time Forgot sounds cool, but hey Bruce Jones...

    Oh thats right Manhunter is finally back. Got to remember to get that 3rd trade so I'll be caught up...

    Ok, then Wildstorm whatchoo got for me I'm not already getting?

    New book by Brian Wood you say? Not bad, not bad...

    And then I see a Vertigo Madame Xanadu. Stop moving magic characters to Vertigo!

    Then we end with manga and toys and other crap I don't care about. An average showing really for new things to take my money...

     
  • At March 19, 2008 8:27 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    And over on Marvel I'll just grit my teeth and wait for the Skrull crap to end. Also why is Gage co-writing Avengers: The Initiative? At least I have my space stories...

    And a newuniversal release? Shyah, right. I'll believe that when it happens...

     
  • At March 19, 2008 10:38 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I'm glad that apparently Dick is back with Kory, because that means Babs is free for Ted!

    If he's still alive that is.

    Manhunter, and Dinosaurs and Enemy Ace. I am SO there.

     
  • At March 19, 2008 12:14 PM, Blogger tavella said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At March 19, 2008 12:15 PM, Blogger tavella said…

    Oh, god, they are letting Jenkins near Captain America again? So we get treated to more of his passive-aggressive shit about how he's outmoded?

     
  • At March 19, 2008 12:22 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Tavella, I'm fairly certain we've had that discussion before and I'm not terribly interested in rehashing it, if it's all the same to you. I doubt either of our positions have changed in the interimm, after all. :-)

     
  • At March 19, 2008 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kate did speak to Clint in Fallen Son but he was dressed as Cap at the time and she didn't know it was him.

     
  • At March 20, 2008 1:52 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    Dick should fall into a blackhole and Babs and Kory should get together :D

    >.>

    :D

    There is nothing but hilarity and lurve in that Titans cover tho XD I keep laughing like crazy whenever I see it. Esp Cyborg! Poor Cyborg! He looks so mad and annoyed :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home