Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Neat!

Hey cool! More Dresden comic info!

I'm awfully excited. And there's going to be a Butcher-penned miniseries before that too! Nifty!

Interesting that from the sound of it, they're keeping the du Morne/Mouningway-as-uncle thing from the tv show. I like that, really. It's the simplest reason a kid would be legally dropped into his care, especially with all the Wizardy quirks that would probably look kind of weird from a social worker's standpoint.

And really, it doesn't necessarily contradict the books if you assume "Le Fay" is a flashy pseudonym.

I wonder if they'll keep the more humanoid-looking Bob as well. That'd probably work better than the talking skull for a visual medium. I mean a talking skull is a neat and creepy visual short term, but it's not terribly good with expressing emotions. And it's not like comics can really use a lot of narrative descriptions of tone-of-voice.

And I'm STILL sad that Morgan's no longer African-American. Sure, it's not in the books, but that guy's become THE quintessential Morgan in my head. It's too bad, since one thing I really liked about the tv show was the attempt at greater racial diversity. Oh well. I'll get over it...after I've sulked for a while.

Still, I'm getting really excited for this one! Yay!

1 Comments:

  • At November 29, 2007 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well at least we have Rawlins and Sanya in the books. and for some reason I picture The Gatekeeper as a blend of Morgan Freeman and Sam Jackson. The guy does have an awesome "BADASS" vibe:)

    and Karrin looks much better on the cover

    Ikike the book Bob, the "look I'm DNA!" cracked me up
    Yay from me too!:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home