Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Damnit Smallville:

I hate you, Smallville, I really do, but every so often you keep attracting my attention! I actually sort of liked the Green Arrow episodes that my ex-roommate made me watch last year. I managed to avoid the allure of Supergirl (mostly thanks to the costume...I'm petty, I admit it) this year, but this might make me watch.

I tend not to like Smallville's adaptations of other characters very much, Oliver aside, (though I've heard that Dean Cain's pseudo-Vandal Savage is good, I haven't seen him myself, and I actually enjoy their Lois Lane), so I'm probably going to find this version of Black Canary incredibly annoying.

But the actress is cute and she looks somewhat like I'd picture a young Dinah Lance. I don't know how well she can act (I've never seen her before, apparently she was in Painkiller Jane though, hmm), but I'm curious enough to possibly give her episode a try.

God damnit. It's going to be bad, I know it, but I'm so going to end up watching it.

Oh well, at least she's cute?

5 Comments:

  • At November 04, 2007 10:07 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Knowing Smallville, she'll probably be a lot like Black Canary from the Birds of Prey TV series...

     
  • At November 04, 2007 11:59 AM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    I just think it's weird how Clark Kent is meeting everyone in the DCU before he even leaves the family farm.

    Though I guess the old Superboy comics were a lot like that, anyway...

    And I agree, she's darn cute.

     
  • At November 04, 2007 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, it's Mo from Painkiller Jane! I only caught the first few episodes of the series, but I really liked Mo. She was spunky.

    I wonder if they'll have her wear a long blonde wig when she's heroing and have the short black hair when she's doing normal stuff.

     
  • At November 06, 2007 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Knowing Smallville, she'll probably be a lot like Black Canary from the Birds of Prey TV series..."

    I think it's theoretically impossible to be as dorky as Ashley Scott was in that role. "I AM the weapon!" Ooooooo.

    "Hey, it's Mo from Painkiller Jane! I only caught the first few episodes of the series, but I really liked Mo. She was spunky."

    So of course, they killed her off, in keeping with the show's mandate that EVERYTHING in it must be dour and unappealing as possible.

     
  • At November 25, 2011 11:01 PM, Anonymous Arlen said…

    Gosh, there is really much useful information above!
    dealerships in dallas | dental insurance ma | anxiety disorders

     

Post a Comment

<< Home