Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Praise Be To Editors...

You know, I have to admit, when I write a review, I never consider editors much at all. Oh, I usually blame plot developments that make no sense on likely editorial intent if it looks like they're leading into some major plot event.

But sometimes, editorial interference is a wonderful wonderful thing.

See, in the comments of my post about the Superbuddies stories, SallyP revealed something that if true makes me bless the day editors were invented.

As ridiculous as it was though, it could have been much much worse. Originally, I have heard, Giffen wanted Mary to lose her virginity to Guy...a concept that just makes me cringe. Fortunately, the editors thought it was a bad idea.


Now, I like Keith Giffen, I really do. I may not like Formerly Known As/I Can't Believe its Not The Justice League very much, but he's a funny talented guy with an outright twisted sense of humor. Also he recognized WFA at last year's WizardWorld Chicago.

Still...

BAD! Bad idea! BAD BAD BAD!

Just...

BAD!

Thank god for editors. You may have saved my last link to sanity. Whew.

4 Comments:

  • At September 09, 2007 12:08 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    It seems that some of them actually do their job.

    Heh heh.

     
  • At September 10, 2007 10:50 AM, Blogger Ivory Bill Woodpecker said…

    I guess Giffen thought that Mary would remind Guy of Tora, since both had somewhat naively innocent personalities.

    I agree it would have been a bad idea, though. :P

     
  • At September 11, 2007 8:31 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

    Oh, god, wrong, bad, ick...

    I like Guy. I don't think he's at all the aggressive boar he makes himself out to be. But still, the idea of him as Mary's first...

    Aw, man, I'm gonna go lay down in front of the toilet until I stop gagging uncontrollably.

     
  • At September 11, 2007 9:18 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    sallyp: Heheh.

    ivory bill: Mary DOES have some surface similarities to Ice but...

    Bad idea. :-) Maybe in ten years, he'd go for it, but probably not now. :-)

    derek: Heh, yeah. Guy's my favorite character and...yeah, no. I don't think he'd necessarily be a bad choice for her (though really, he doesn't seem to be very experienced when you consider it), but I don't think he'd ever go for it.

    He's not HAL after all. ;-P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home