Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bizarre Red Skull-Related Thought...

I was thinking about Captain America and the Red Skull recently and my mind drifted into the topic of Nazi Eugenics.

See, it occurred to me that when the Red Skull possessing a cloned version of Steve Rogers has suddenly got a remarkable opportunity. I mean. He's in a body that has many traits that fit their physical ideals complete with super soldier serum running through its veins...

Essentially, I think there are totally hidden islands out there with seekrit nazi enclaves filled with tiny, scary, nazi, super-soldier children being bred up as weapons for the Red Skull's eeevil purposes. All of whom are genetically the offspring of Captain America.

This is why it's probably a good thing that I'm not out there writing comics. I'd totally end up writing the story of Steve Rogers washing up on one of these islands and meeting his scary nazi clone-children.

Heh.

10 Comments:

  • At July 29, 2007 8:12 AM, Blogger Siskoid said…

    In what possible universe would people NOT want to read that story?

     
  • At July 29, 2007 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bizarro world and...
    that's about it.

     
  • At July 29, 2007 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, one thing that always made me scratch my head is why, after he got the face full o' dust in Cap #350 he simply didn't ask Zola to clone him a new body.

    Hmmmm....

     
  • At July 29, 2007 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm....

    "The Boys of The Boy From Brooklyn"

     
  • At July 30, 2007 2:58 AM, Blogger Brainfreeze said…

    Oh, I would totally read that story. Totally.

     
  • At July 30, 2007 4:12 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    I'd read that story! :D

     
  • At July 30, 2007 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At July 30, 2007 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, let's try this again.

    This sounds like the best of Ellis (see Ruins, if you can), Morrison and even Joe Casey rolled into one.

    While everyone seems to want to read something like this, I highly doubt Fuhrer Quesada would allow someone to play with his precious Captain America in this fashion.

    Personally, I'd love to read it, too.

     
  • At July 31, 2007 12:24 AM, Blogger Hale of Angelthorne said…

    Ya know, the Nazis really did do something similar to that, pairing up "perfect" male and female Aryan specimens in a breeding program. I think they were called "Wolf Children."
    In the issues leading up to his death, I couldn't stand what Marvel had done to Captain America, especially the excrutiatingly stupid "Super Cyber Bucky" business. And of course, the less said about whoever that Skrull was pretending to be Cap during the Civil War, the better...

     
  • At July 31, 2007 12:34 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Hale: We'll have to agree to disagree. :-) I adore the Brubaker run, ESPECIALLY cyber-Bucky.

    Though really, until the last issue's sudden surrender, I didn't think Cap was portrayed THAT badly in Civil War. Not my ideal portrayal mind, but still vaguely recognizable at least. Though relativity is a big thing there for me. Since Cap wasn't building secret prisons to hold the friends that disagreed with him, he was a step higher than a lot of them...

    Again though, it was kind of all relative there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home