Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More Solicit Stuff

Back to solicits...

I honestly am surprised to say this, but World War Three looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I wonder if they're all really going to come out at once though, because that's going to be hell on my pocket book.

That Wonder Woman tying up Nemesis cover is hot. They both look so amused. If I can't have Steve Trevor back, I want them to get together. They have a lot of chemistry.

I don't hate Blue Beetle, but it's one of those give or take books for me. Depends on the niftiness of the cover and how much money I have at the time. Guy's on this one though, so I'll splurge.

I'm sad about Manhunter ending, but at least it was a lot of fun. And with Kate in BoP and Todd in JSA (on the caveat that he actually gets to do something soon, I know there's a lot of stuff to be packed into an intro storyarc so I'm not kvetching yet...but I'd really like to see him get a speaking line) I know they'll still be around.

The crossover between JLA and JSA looks interesting. And Sand gets a cover! <3

I'm looking forward to reading the just-post IC Dick/Babs fallout thing. But not so much to the fan-entitlement shrieks of certain members of the couple's fanbase. I get that you like the couple. Me: Not so much. (Babs deserves better.) But the story didn't go your way (yet. This is comics we're talking about...). Deal and write fanfiction.

It seems so weird that 52 is ending. I have to admit, for all my complaints about the series, I've been following along pretty loyally. It's been a fun ride and I'd never have predicted at the beginning where a lot of the storylines were going to go.

I might be liking the Nightwing comic (and character) more now than I did for a long time. But you'll never convince me "Bride and Groom" aren't stupid names for villains.

I know he's lame, but I'm still glad to see Tempest back. He's oddly endearing for all his loser qualities. :-)

I'm so easy. Even if I weren't a regular Birds reader I would so pick it up just to see who the "very cool character" is. That's the sort of thing that gets me every time.

I like Checkmate but I'm not sure it meshes well tone-wise with Outsiders. Still. Could be interesting.

GASP! GLC's solicit spoils the fact that Guy is alive! I'd never have guessed! Wait. No. Heh. At least they're not trying to pretend they've fooled anyone.

Now this month has a Star Sapphire cover I like. She looks stunning there.

And Sand has a cover! (It's utterly pitiful how happy that *still* makes me!) :-)

15 Comments:

  • At January 16, 2007 9:20 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I'm just so happy! Guy Gardner on the cover of Blue Beetle! (clapping hands)

    Keith Champagne is writing two of the WW III mini's timed to coincide with the issues of 52, and he's becoming one of my favorite wordsmiths.

    Green Lantern and Wonder Woman are actually coming out monthly! Woohoo!

     
  • At January 16, 2007 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am actually still hoping above hope that Manhunter will continue beyond 30. I know that the original plan was JUST to do this 5 issue arc to see if it could continue building a base. There are very few things that I can say that I've been "impressed" by the publishers doing to market their characters, but I did think they did a good job with trying to get Kate out there after issue 25. She's in BOP and her storyline is more entrenched in the DCU. Anyway, I cross my fingers!

    I'm really curious now to see what Jodi Picoult offers to Wonder Woman...and, more importantly, if she could actually put out TWO books within a 2 week period. Given how the book has been coming out lately, I think people would think she was actually WONDER WOMAN if she could! :)

     
  • At January 16, 2007 10:19 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    Presumably Picoult's already been working on her arc while Heinberg stalls, so I'm guessing the schedule is less about her (and her artists) working fast than about having a lot of lead time. :)

     
  • At January 16, 2007 10:27 AM, Blogger Marionette said…

    If Jodi's team were working to the original deadlines they may well be several issues ahead by now.

    Is it just me, or does soliciting for a collection while several of the individual issues it contains have yet to be published put you off buying the comics? I mean what's the point when you know the bookshelf friendly edition will be available before the ink is dry on the flimsies, and is probably cheaper?

     
  • At January 16, 2007 10:46 AM, Blogger Sleestak said…

    Being a Maleinist I am incredibly offended by the bondage cover to Wonder Woman. Silly fangirls!

    Other than that I do like a Wonder Woman who doesn't look like Kate Moss with breast implants. Artists could do worse than use Xena-era Lucy Lawless as a model reference.

     
  • At January 16, 2007 10:51 AM, Blogger R.Nav said…

    With the trades it's feast or famine. I'd much rather the trade be listed early, then listed a year or so after the original material printed.

     
  • At January 16, 2007 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That Guy image on the Blue Beetle cover is awesome. I don't know what it is, but it's so... Guy- it makes me break out into a big goofy grin. Perhaps, after Black Lightning Year One, it's time for Hamner to don the ring again.

     
  • At January 16, 2007 4:42 PM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    hay kalinara psst http://www.newsarama.com/imagepop.html?imageURL=http://images.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Aprl07/cvrs/MARADVAV012.jpg

     
  • At January 16, 2007 4:42 PM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    arrr I mean this.

     
  • At January 16, 2007 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is World War III the thing with the New Gods....or is this something else entirely?

    I don't usually read Previews (since I like at least a BIT of surprise when I read new issues), but with all of these new Mega-Epics on the horizon, it's getting hard to differentiate (or get excited about) them.

    Maybe I'm getting a little weary of Cosmos-Shaking HooHahs.

     
  • At January 16, 2007 7:02 PM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    Checkmate/Outsiders? Oh, putz. CM's one of the few titles I can afford to buy. I don't want to have to sit through Judd Winick's literary excretions just to get my story.

    Trials of Shazam is the only comic I've ever taken off my pull list... Winick just offends my sensibilities so much. Please, DC, let this man go.

    But WWIII! I am down for this. Finally, 52 is coming to its conclusion. The end of the tunnel is in sight.

     
  • At January 16, 2007 8:33 PM, Blogger notintheface said…

    Checkmate/Outsiders? Is Winick going to retcon Michael Holt a daughter?

     
  • At January 16, 2007 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My only problem with WWIII is that DC already /had/ a WWIII. Is this one of the continuity changes from Infinite Crisis, I assume?

     
  • At January 17, 2007 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I'm a litte weary and wary of another World War in DC. I'll be in the "less is more" mode for the next few months.
    WM

     
  • At January 18, 2007 6:34 PM, Blogger ComicBookGoddess said…

    Mmmm. I'm happy because WWW III will mean more Tom Derenik. :) He seemed really excited about the art and story, even if he never drops detail. Hee.

    I still haven't asked him that other thing, btw.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home