Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Beefcake/Cheesecake Appreciation Week Round-Up!

So here it is! As promised, the list of links from B/C Appreciation Week! (Which has been crossposted in my Meanwhile Column)

If you know of any I've missed, let me know so I can add it to both lists!

10+ Hottest Male Heroes (here is a list of the ladies)
Anaconda
Aubrey (Anita Blake)
Anita Blake and Liberty Meadows
Batman and Superman (with added Batgirl)
Black Cat
Cassandra Cain
Colossal Boy
Cyclops and Jean Grey
Cyclops, Jean Grey and Xavier's floating head
Damion Hellstrom
Dan DeCarlo art
Dream Girl
Dream Girl
Francine
Grifter
Gameboy Game cover (Non-Comic)
Guy Gardner
Harley Quinn
Hawkman
Hawkman
Helen Narbon
Hulk
Jack Kamen art
Jason Blood
Julia Sawalha (non-comic)
Planet Karen
Kids in the Hall (non-comic)
Kyle Rayner
Kyle Rayner
Kyle Rayner
Lianna
Manhunter
Mr. June (non-comic)
Nightcrawler (from Billi)
Nova Kane
Oliver Queen
Paul Bearer
Paul Rudd (non-comic)
Pavane
Phantom Lad
Phantom Lady
Power Girl
Power Girl
Power Girl, Fire and Ice
Projectra and Mon-El
Rogue, Harley Quinn, Aunt May
Roy Harper
Sand Hawkins
Saturn Girl and Shrinking Violet
Schoolgirl Witchblade statue
She-Hulk
She-Hulk
Stature
Strata
The Valkyrie
Various Creators
Wildcat
Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

  • At October 24, 2006 11:31 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Well, offhand, I would say that Beefcake/Cheesecake week was a rousing sucess. And FUN!

     
  • At October 24, 2006 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I second that.

    I think it needs to be a regular thing. Maybe we can have a theme. Like, wearing part of costume, in undies, back views/butt shots, and so on.

    heh

     
  • At October 24, 2006 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The proper spelling of the Goddess' name is Julia Sawalha. But I'll ignore it because of the huge traffic boost this gave me.

    Yeah, it worked out well. Wouldn't be averse to doing something like it in the future- I missed out Emma Frost and Moira McTaggert, among others.

     
  • At October 24, 2006 10:59 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    You forgot Legionnaires Saturn Girl and Shrinking Violet in, "Baby Got Back!" at the Legion Omnicom!

     
  • At October 24, 2006 11:26 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    sallyp: Yep!

    shelly: Hee. That sounds fun!

    evan: Thanks I'll fix it!

    michael: ACK. I knew I'd forget some! Sorry! I'll add them now.

     
  • At October 24, 2006 11:48 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    Thanks (for fixing it in both places), oh keeper of the cheesecake!

     
  • At October 25, 2006 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember...

    The week of January 25th is Hal jordan appreciation week.

     
  • At October 25, 2006 8:09 AM, Blogger Bill D. said…

    Okay, so a good day for my blog is maybe 30 unique user hits. Maybe. I'm pretty minor league. I'm cool with that. Being linked into this thing here? 153. So, you know, thanks Kalinara! :)

     
  • At October 25, 2006 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, the hits and page views I get when I'm linked like this are amazing and wonderful. More than double my usual stats. I hope at least some of those folks like what they see and come back for more.

    Meanwhile, I remembered another beefcake shot (heck, an entire page) from Codename: Knockout that I had to blog last night. heh

     
  • At October 25, 2006 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In humble gratitude, two words: "THANK YOU!". (Repeated over and over and over in rapid succession ad infinitum)

    Bless your everlovin’ heart!

     
  • At October 25, 2006 11:20 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I will circle Hal Jordan appreciation week on my calender. And over at Dave's Long Box, they are having Guy Gardner week! Oh frabjous day.

     
  • At October 26, 2006 5:00 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    :-) I'm glad for the extra traffic!

    This was a lot of fun guys (and gals), thanks!

     
  • At October 26, 2006 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (echoing QL etnasium:THANK YOU!:)

    Note for next year, Include the ultimate beef/cheescake...Mogo!;-P

     
  • At October 27, 2006 11:09 PM, Blogger Erich said…

    I'd felt a little guilty about neglecting the "beefcake" aspect of the week, especially when I realized that one of the comics I'd scanned for a cheesecake panel was also a good source of beefcake as well. So, better late than never, I've made a CAW addendum post featuring Shang-Chi.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home